Overall Review

3.3

August 16th, 2012
Response from Texas Gulf Coast Medical Group
Thank you for sharing your experience with Texas Gulf Coast Medical Group. We appreciate hearing feedback from our patients, as it helps us improve the overall quality of the services we provide. Our physicians are dedicated to providing the best possible care, and try to spend as much time in their appointments as possible to best serve their patients. Were committed to putting the needs of our patients, both medical and personal, at our highest priority, so please know that we take your review seriously and are sincerely grateful to hear what youve had to say.

July 19th, 2012
Nice guy.....well that's about all I can say that's good
I'm a creature of habit and want to pick a doctor and stick with them. I've been a patient for the past 8 years. The last 2 years are the years I have seen him most...probably 10-15 times. I'm fine with his quirky and abrasiveness. I don't need it sugar coated. However....now the down side. My average office wait has been over an hour and up to 2 1/2 hours and that is with a SCHEDULED appointment not a drop in. I've been misdiagnosed once and he was way off. There is a nurse named Giovanni who apparently is in charge of communications with patients to do call backs and such. She does NOT call. You have to keep calling and she is rarely available to take the call so you leave a message that she ignores. I recently was sick with something flu-like and had a fever that was about 102 for 6 days. I was getting concerned on the 4th day when I still had that level of fever and called the office at 9 am to ask if this was normal or if I needed to come in. Two days later I received a call back that maybe I should come in. I'd already gone to another doctor by that point who recognized what the problem was and had prescribed the appropriate medication. My child (20 y.o. college student) needed a note from Dr. Lyons office that Dr. Lyons put Giovanni in charge of to send. The university didn't receive it. We called and when we finally did get in touch with Giovanni she said she sent it (she lied....she hadn't). We went back and forth with her over the course of several phone calls before she finally did her job and sent the doctor note to the university and charged us to do so. Dr Lyons seems totally distracted when he finally does come in the exam room to do the exam and seems to be in a hurry to get out. I have literally heard him standing in the hallway visiting (not work related) with office staff for 15-20 minutes while I sat in the exam room waiting. I've had it with Dr Lyons and Giovanni. There are too many good doctors with good staff out there who COMMUNICATE for a person to deal with these two at Gulf Coast Medicine. I definitely would not recommend them.

October 24th, 2011
Be prepared to wait
Dr. Lyons is knowledgeable but somewhat quirky & abrasive. He lacks social skills & compassion. The wait time a Texas Gulf Coast Medical is obscene. I waited in the waiting room 50 min. then of course waited in the treatment room for the doctor for another 20 min. I thought it was a one time thing but on my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th visit .... same thing again .... horrible wait!! He seems like a decent doctor but definitely not worth the wait.

May 16th, 2010
Very good Dr.
Will give you his full attention. A very , very good Dr. I would not use any one else.

January 9th, 2010
Love Dr. Lyons
Very caring. Very professional. Is a brillant diagnostician.You won't go wrong using this Dr.