Dr. Michael Mastrangelo MD Patient Reviews

• Medical Oncology Philadelphia, PA

• Good
  • Bad

March 11th, 2017
The man is rude. There was no follow up once immunotherapy was started. When my spouse passed away he told me "you will survive".

January 25th, 2014
Do not recommend to anyone
He is the most rude person I have ever met. My mother was a former patient. With stage 4 melanoma. He spoke to us like we were idiots and got mad when ever we asked a question. He told my father over the phone that my mother was like a car with a new paint job and a bad engine. Who does that. Where was his compassion to my father. My mom passed away 12 years ago at the young age of 60. I wish I found this site long ago so I could warn people.

September 13th, 2013
Superb!
After reading "unprofessional", I just had to respond. Perhaps it should be titled "unarrogant". Don't let his comfortable approach be misinterpreted. He is precise, intelligent, doesn't rush the visit, does not give you doctor-speak but explains things in plain english and is direct. I have always received a thorough exam and evaluation over the course of 11 years. I wish more doctors were like him.

May 17th, 2012
Dr. Mastrangelo is the only physician that I have come across that is willing to take the time to figure out what is going on. When I told him my symptoms, he stopped and you could see him actually processing and brainstorming. Other physicians have rushed to tell me whatever the most common guess is.

November 9th, 2010
Unprofesssional
Dr. Mastrangelo was the most unprofessional doctor I have ever come in contact with. There was food falling out of his mouth when he entered the room to discuss my father's diagnosis/prognosis, and again after he excused himself to take a personal phone call in the middlw of the meeting. He showed no regard for my father's health and well being and was incredibly short and rude when we asked any questions. I wouldn't visit this doctor again if my life, or anyone elses life depended on it, and unfortunately, my Dad's did.

May 9th, 2008
My husband was a patient of Dr Mastrangelo's in 1981. He Had a malignant melanoma. We loved him, he was excellent.

September 19th, 2015