Dr. Michael Messina MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Palm Desert, CA

• Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2016
Best derm I've ever been too!
Dr. Messina has been my derm for years, he's helped improve my skin dramatically and has an amazing attitude. I moved to Huntington Beach and still made the drive back to see him. I've never met a more compassionate and talented Doctor.

August 14th, 2016
Dr Messina is extremely conscientious, professional, personable, reliable, compassionate and a great guy! We searched far for these qualities in a dermatologist and found them all in Dr Messina

April 9th, 2016
He's the Best.
As a patient of Dr. Messina's for over 2 years, I can tell you that, having seen more than 4 other dermatologists in the Coachella Valley, Dr. Messina is head and shoulders above the rest in terms of his clinical expertise, communication, and follow-up. Again and again, I find myself wishing that my primary care physician was as sharp and as caring as Dr. Messina. Some people are MEANT to be doctors, and Dr. Messina is one of them. A brilliant diagnostician, and a doctor who genuinely CARES. Highest recommendations.

January 21st, 2016
Dr Messna is very thorough and conscientious and always available to discuss my medical condition... He is also open minded. I recommend him highly .

December 30th, 2013
The Best
I've seen Dr Messina 3 or 4 times in the past couple of years and he is the best dermatologist I have ever seen. Also very prompt, efficient and really cares. I would recommend him to everyone.

May 31st, 2013
LindaG
Very friendly, knowledgeable, expedient. Clean modern office, quick results. My doctor passed away and I have a lifetime chronic derm problem - so I needed to find another doctor, which is usually a difficult and unenjoyable task to find a dr. you can connect with and feel comfortable with. My first try with Dr. Messina (and his staff) worked like a charm!..and he's cute, lol.

July 12th, 2012
Best Choice for a Coachella Valley Dermatologist!!
we found Dr. Messina to be beyond engaged and interested in a 'roll-up-the sleeves' approach to difficult situation. We have been to other Dermatologists in the area--one who runs a high-profile 'Glamour Dermatology' with lots of promos and parties and is a good doctor, but his focus is aesthetic; the other who got so busy she'd pass you off to her PA and you'd never see her or couldn't get in. Messina is a caring physician who possess the rare ability to 'listen' to his patients, ask questions, even seems to take difficult circumstances and turn it in to a personal challenge to achieve success with the patient. That is a gift.....and not to mention rare these days with how doctors are under the gun financially (not to mention 'Obamacare' looming to further tax our chances for good healthcare.) We found Dr. Messina to be exceptional and will highly recommend him to others as the go-to Dermatologist in the valley that is NOT there to cater to just your vanity, but to your overall health and well-being--even though there is not as much money in it for him! He is also a genuinely good guy that is well liked and respected out of the office.(This is coming from someone who has a lot of exposure and involvement in the medical field and interfaces with many physicians.)

July 12th, 2012
Highly-Recommend Dr. Messina--A caring, engaged professional.
Contrary to the other patient's experience, we found Dr. Messina to be beyond engaged and interested in a 'roll-up-the sleeves' approac ...

May 9th, 2012
Caring and friendly guy. Listened to what I was asking and made me feel welcomed in his office.

November 22nd, 2011
Great experience!!! Caring an understanding. Did a great job. Amazing doctor!!!

October 25th, 2011
Moderate your expectations
I guess you expect a lot when you get to see a real doctor instead of a PA these days. When you bring a problem you regard as very serious and the pro ...

November 27th, 2010
Best doctor at Loma Linda!
Dr. Messina is not only smart, but very friendly and easy to talk with. He actually sat down, listened to me, and answered all my questions! I didn't ever get the feeling like I was just another patient to him, nor felt like he was eager to leave the room to get to the next patient. There was NO wait time to get into the clinic (1-2 weeks tops), and no wait to get into the clinic room to be seen. Overall, an amazing experience that I intend to share with all of my friends who intend to see a dermatologist in the near future! I would even drive 100 miles just to see him he is that good!