Pediatric Specialist, Neurologists, Psychiatrist, Surgical Specialist
Prospect Medical Commons
2311 N Prospect Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53211
414-319-3150
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  CONVULSIONS  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2013

DR.MITCHELL IS ONE OF THE BEST NEUROLOGISTS I HAVE EVER HAD. I WOULD HAVE TO RATE HIM THE 2ND BEST AS IS DR. TURNER WAS THE BEST. BOTH DOCTORS ARE THE BEST DRS. I HAVE EVER HAD FROM ANY FIELD IN MEDICINE. I DID NOT THINK I WOULD EVER FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR AS WELL AS DR. TURNER BUT HE RETIRED. HE HAS BEEN AVAILABLE WHEN EVER I NEEDED. I DO NOT HAVE SEIZURES ANYMORE AS LONG AS I FORGET MY MEDICTATION

|  Dr. Mitchell is a very kind and intelligent doctor.  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitchell's for over 10 years and I could not ask for a better neurologist. I have suffered from severe migraines that occur more than 3-4 times a week as well as other neurological problems. Dr. Mitchell always goes above and beyond what any other doctor I have ever had to try to help me improve the quality of my life. Unfortunately, there is no cure for the conditions that I suffer from, but he always does eveything he can to try and keep my symptoms as manageable as possible so that I may have as much relief as possible. He is always available when needed and consistently follows up with me. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from any type of neurological problems. He is compassionate and he truely cares about his patients.

|  Not what I had hoped for  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

I had one visit with Dr. mitchell regarding some very debilitating neurological symptoms. He was kind and amiable. He wanted appropriate lab tests and imaging to proceed. I was to wait for confirmation on the appointment dates. He did call with lab results, but after weeks of waiting to hear of my mri appointment, i called to find out that he had never actually put orders in for the testing. I handled that on my own. After the mri i got one phone call telling me results were normal, then the next day a call saying the results were not yet back. That was a month ago, and have heard nothing since then. No follow up at all. My symptoms were severe and impeding my daily activities. So, i have moved on to another neuro who is excellent on follow up, patient advocacy and communication. Diagnosis can be slow for some of this stuff, but it is moving right along now. Another reason to encourage patients to advocate for themselves and not give up when they know they have a real problem. Knowledge is power.Dr. Mitchell seems a kind and sincere md, but maybe my type of symptoms were just not his thing.If I ever hear anything back from the guy, i would revise my review, but am not holding my breath.

|  Every day, my family thanks god for Dr. Mitchell  |  show details
by Michelle V. Prescott on Feb 16th, 2010

This may sound dramatic, but it's not. For over a year, I had been living with disabling migraines that would last for days. I suffered from extreme pain and nausea. Until I was referred to Dr. Mitchell. He is very compassionate and competent, remaining solution-focused until he found a medical treatment that worked for my condition and worked with my lifestyle and preferences. I trust Dr. Mitchell greatly and I know that he cares about me not only as a patient but also as a human being and wants me to be able to live a healthy, successful life - which comes as a result of treating my migraine condition. I would highly recommend Dr. Mitchell to anyone looking for a neurologist because not only is he an excellent doctor - I believe that he gives amazing individualized care. My whole family is truly thankful that I found such a great neurologist because he has given me my life back!