A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Painter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Painter is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Painter, MD is board certified in Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Developmental Disorders
- Infant Disorders
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Premature Infant Diseases
- Seizure Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Painter graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Painter has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
- Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Painter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 11 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Painter practice?
Dr. Michael Painter practices Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Neurologists.