Dr. Michael Powell DO Patient Reviews

• 11 reviews

June 16th, 2016
Sorry to hear about Dr Powells condition and closing of his office. I'm certain many patients will miss his expertise and advice.

April 9th, 2015
For four years I spent most of my time in bed with severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Then Doctor Powell helped me enormously with the right medicines, supplements, and diet, and I am no longer bedridden. If I nap and rest once or twice a day and don't overdo it my life is almost normal. It is no longer torture to walk from one room to the other, prepare a meal, or expend the energy to visit a friend. Dr. Powell is an excellent physician and researcher who has devoted his life to helping people like me. He has refined his protocol for Chronic Fatigue recently and it has given me a big boost. I no longer suffer from insomnia or depression.

March 6th, 2015
Feeling better now
When I first went to Dr. Powell I had severe Fibromyalgia, stomach problems, lack of energy and I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night without waking up with severe pain. After 1 1/2 years I feel better. My energy level is up. I now walk 5 miles a day. Dr. Powell cleared up a bacteria infection in my stool. He gave me vitamins which helped me feel better. Dr. Powell prescribed Trazodone which helps me sleep at night. I only wake up once during the night. Since I now sleep better I have less pain. My Thyroid is back in order and I am feeling a lot better. I highly recommend Dr Powell. After visting Dr Powell office and I lived so far away he scheduled home phone calls so he could treat me.

January 29th, 2015
I would definitely recommend Dr Powell to anyone, especially someone who is frustrated with the traditional medicine approach. I first went to Dr Powell a little over a year ago and now feel better than I have in years. I have an autoimmune condition that had stumped various doctors for about 4 years: pain in my muscles and joints, a skin condition resembling psoriasis on my lower legs and swelling in my lower legs and ankles. Several doctors saw me and prescribed medication to mask the symptoms (which worked only sometimes with several negative side effects.) I was on and off Prednisone for a couple of years, which made me more vulnerable to other illnesses, swelled up my face, made me gain weight and eventually stopped being effective on fixing the problems anyway. None of my doctors knew the cause or seemingly even really tried to figure it out. The first thing Dr Powell did for me was give me hope. He explained that many autoimmune diseases are a result of a few things: genetic predisposition, deficiencies, poisons and infections. We may not be able to do anything about our genes, but there are many things we CAN do to make ourselves as healthy as possible and help alleviate or take away our existing symptoms. Dr Powell is the first doctor I've had that cared about finding a diagnosis and has been working tirelessly do so. He is both imaginative and practical. He's also the first I've ever had that has thought about and worked on my case even when I wasn't sitting in front of him in his office. I am now feeling pretty good- the swelling and psoriasis in my legs is all but gone and I haven't had the muscle and joint pain in quite a while. We are working on eliminating gut bacteria (as well as deficiencies and toxins) and it's working! I am so happy with my choice of Dr Powell and the integrative medicine approach!

August 27th, 2013
Fibromyalgia Condition
I have been seeing Dr Powell and his staff for over three months. At first I was a bit skeptical having scene one doctor after another for my fibro and lower back injury. I have to say This doctor may be on to something good because I am basically free of pain. I had carpel tunnel, tarsel tunnel, pain in soft tissue and joints on top of nerve pain in my lower back due to a fall. After initial blood tests, Dr powell discussed the three phases of supplements I would need to take to lesson my fibro. We are in phase two and feeling Great! I recommend anyone who is fed up with pain killers and useless surgeries to seek out his help. The man and his staff know their medicine!

March 20th, 2013
Dr Powell is one of the kindest men I know. He does throw a lot of information at you just like others have said but it is only because of his excitement to help people. He is not a traditional doctor. He thinks outside the box and always approachable. He does try things along a more hollistic approach but does not stray from "traditional" medications if they help your condition. He is not a main stream doctor so if that is what you are looking for probably wont be a good fit. BUT, if you are looking for a kind, knowlegeable, thinking outside the proverbial box kind of doctor he is your man. Mark my words, this man will come up with a cure or way to help people with autoimmune diseases. He is brilliant.

May 23rd, 2012
HOPEFUL AND THANKFUL UPDATE
It's been over a year and a half since I first visited Dr. Powell's clinic. I've been being treated (using Dr. Powell's guidelines) by his PA, who's a caring, listening, helpful and knowledgeable healthcare giver. The clinic has used multiple and detailed labs of various kinds, more complex that a regular doctor would order, to determine that I actually have many blood cell, immunological, and genetic similarities with other fibromyalgia patients. I was extremely ill when I first started at the clinic, nearly incapacitated by pain, fatigue and illness, but now I am mostly well most of the time. My flares are far shorter now and much milder. Sometimes I barely notice them. I still don't have the wellness I had years ago and I still get flares (especially if I start forgetting to take my supplements and such). But, I am far, far more well than I was when I first started going to the clinic. I first was going weekly, then every two or three weeks, then every four to six weeks, then every eight weeks, and now I have only to go every ten to twelve weeks. I just wanted to give an update to the effective care I have received from this clinic and its kind staff.

October 12th, 2010
Awesome Doctor!
Dr. Powell listens to his patients, and he is always researching new ways to help them. His "out side the box" approach to health is a refreshing change from tradidtional pill pushing doctors. His energy is infectious!

September 30th, 2010
Hopeful and Thankful
My husband (a scientist) and I are very impressed with Dr. Powell. He accurately diagnosed my condition (have had Fibromyalgia for 30 years), and he very thoroughly explained his philosophies, his research, and his ongoing research regarding the causes of chronic unwellness. It was fascinating, very thorough, and makes sense to us. Most doctors I've visited for help with this condition want to help but simply do not know how, looking at me as if I just stepped off a spaceship from Mars, However, Dr. Powell continues to research the root problems, seeking to treat the root problems from as natural an approach as possible, rather than apply band-aid fixes that cover symptoms but do not cure. Dr. Powell seeks to cure. He sells the remedies he prescribes (except those that must come from a pharmacy) so as to keep the costs down for his patients. And, in fact, he sells them for cheaper than I could buy them elsewhere. His rates are in line with that of other physicians, and he spent so much time with me that my husband and I wonder how he makes any money. He obviously cares about his patients and making them well. Seeking the root cause of chronic illness and finding a cure seems to be his life's passion. I am feeling better and looking forward to completing the protocol. In the meantime, I'm thankful to have found Dr. Powell.

June 2nd, 2010
Knowledgable
I suffered for yrs. while being misdiagnosed w lupus. Dr. Powell changed my life with his persistence & experience in improving my health. Thru blood wk. trial & error meds. / vitamins I am a new person. I recommend him & the caring staff for honest evaluation & health care.Blessings,EPAL

April 24th, 2009
stay away
I did not like how this doctor spoke at me rather than with me. He gave me all this information about his theories and various studies (most of them it appears were done on animals) to support his treatment regimen. I don't like how he sells all the supplements he recommends... seems like a conflict of interest to me. That's why doctors were stopped from selling the meds themselves years ago. He also is trying to make money on his theories by taking out a patent on something he calls "human dormancy syndrome."