Dr. Michael Schmidt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Schmidt?

July 23rd, 2017

Gallbladder surgery

He was very friendly and did a great job on me I recovered very fast

September 29th, 2014

Very good physician. He has been my doctor for a number of years and is responsible, caring, supportive and there is nothing bad or negative you can say or find about Dr. Schmidt. I would highly recommend him to anyone because there is no one like him!

October 21st, 2013

patient

Caring, compassionate, excellent doctor. Knowlegable about so many things. If you need a general surgeon, or an Egd or Scope, he is the One for you.

May 26th, 2011

ER Admission

I was admitted through the ER and was "appointed" Dr. Schmidt due to my condition upon admission. I have worked in the medical field for over 20 years so I know my docs. I have to say I couldn't have picked a better doctor myself. He was excellent. I have nothing bad or average to say about him. He was nothing but wonderful! I would definitely recommend him to my frients and wouldn't hesitate for him to treat my family.

January 25th, 2011

Great office staff; prompt attention to patient

May 13th, 2010

The Great Doctor

I liked Dr. Schmidt the first time i met him. He was kind, good bedside mannors and calmed me of all my fears with all answered questions, took his time and allowed me time to think about what i wanted to do in the proceedure i was to have. Talked openly about the pro's and con's of my proceedure..would i use him again? Yes. Would i reconmend him to family and friends? Yes i would.

March 24th, 2009

Refused to give a 2nd opinion

Daughter-in-law was admitted to the hospital through the ER. Was told she needed to have her gallbladder removed. The surgeon assigned to the case wanted to perform surgery as soon as possible. Came back in the room later and said there were no operating rooms available so they would have to wait until the next day. My daughter-in-law asked for a second opinion. The only other surgeon available at the hospital was Dr. Schmidt. Not only did he refuse her request, he also refused a request from the hospital CEO and Administrator. The first doctor said he could not legally perform the surgery since my daughter-in-law had requested a second opinion. The only choices were to transfer her to another hospital for a second opinion or withdraw the request for a second opinion. Because of the pain my daughter-in-law was experiencing, she chose to withdraw her request and go forward with the surgery. Regardless of whatever issues Dr. Schmidt might have had with the hospital or the other doctor, he chose to refuse a patient the right to a second opinion.

October 13th, 2017