Mar 23rd, 2016

Have a massive salivary infection w/ swollen glands. Has spread to my throat and lungs, he just blew me off.

Execellent Otolaryngolost (Ear, Nose & Throat) show details Execellent Otolaryngolost (Ear, Nose & Throat)
by Kay on Aug 19th, 2010

Before I saw Dr. Simmons, I saw Dr. Fleetwood, audiologist, for balance tests. She told Dr. Simmons of her findings, and he did further examination. He noted on my chart that in 2004, a neurologist suggested that I might have multiple sclerosis, but he wasn't sure because many of the symptoms mimic fibromyalgia, which I have had for 20 years. Dr. Simmons inquired as to why I had not had follow-up for the MS, as several of my physicians knew about 2004 suggestion, and I told him none of my physicians felt my symptoms warranted further follow-up. He ordered an MRI of my brain and my inner ears to rule out plaque on the brain tissue and inner ear problems. The MRI was normal, but I have mastoid effusion (fluid in the ears). Because I was moving to another state in two days, I was given a CD and a printed report to take to a new physician at my new home. I was very impressed that Dr. Simmons had read my medical history and caught the possible diagnosis of MS. I have to have a spinal tap for a definitive diagnosis. My balance problems are partially caused by an inability of my eyes to track properly and the mastoid effusion, which affects balance. Dr. Simmons has a very caring bedside (chairside in my case!) manner and is very knowledgeable about balance problems.