Dr. Michael Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Akron, OH

no change

April 27th, 2016
bad doctor
he did hern disc l5 s1 woke up in recovery with severe pain in leg. hospital wanted to keep over night he said no . went home and 3 days later went back to him couldnt hardly walk . he said i had old back and id probly be in a wheel chair soon . went to another doctor for second opinion. he did surgery on my back . did great its been 8 yrs and still good . thanks to dr richard brower .

October 8th, 2015
I hade neck and low back trouble sence 1988, to many years!! when I was told to see (DR SMITH ) in 2013 after talking to him and talking to the GOOD LORD, I desided to have DR. SMITH do my neck,and what he did has been grate, next is my low back, and I do think I am in good hands, I have read bad things about this doctor, maby the trouble is not the doctor, maby you didn't take time to ask GOD to guide the doctors hands,PRAYER counts, SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING I am not educated person,

March 9th, 2015
He is my hero!
Dr. Smith operated on my back 2 times and delivered me from pain that is hard to live with each time. Don't believe those on here who gave him one star because the person they described is not the person who operated on me. He is kind and caring and is not someone who jumps to surgery at the first moments notice. He made me go through pt as he should have done because often times that will help. Back surgery is very dangerous and I would not want someone to operate first off without trying everything they could. I am saying that even though I was in great pain. So, if you want someone who is the "best" then you could never go wrong with Dr. Smith. He is the reason I have been able to live a happy and productive life. Thank you Dr. Smith.

October 28th, 2014
Dr. Michael Smith MD
Dr. Smith is my hero! He has operated on me three times for the horrible back I possess. I consider him to be very conservative and only operates after every other channel has proven to be of no avail. His bedside manner is excellent and I find him very courteous at all times. I know he has done the very best for me.

July 11th, 2014
Dr. Smith has a somewhat stern bedside manner but is to the point and does not beat around the bush. He is compassionate and courteous and listens to all issues presented. I always feel I'm in good hands with him and that his diagnosis is accurate. I recommend him to anyone looking for a good spine doctor.

September 13th, 2012
Overall good experience
Front desk was very kind and considerate, took care of me immediately. Made copy's of all my paperwork I brought in with me. Took me back into exam room within ten minutes. His assistant was very kind and made me feel very comfortable. Doctor came in after a few minutes and looked at all the paperwork, talked to us about my options. Explained everything and answered all my questions. Very pleased with our experience and I would recommend him to anyone.

August 23rd, 2012
most incredible doctor ever
He was amazing... helped me and got it done quickly. His assistant Tracey is just as helpful. They are very busy - understandably as they are the best. I would highly, highly, highly, most highly.. (that is more than 3 highly's) thus I hope you know how serious I am. You will not regret his spactacular experience, knowledge and help to make one better. I've never in my life had a better experience and I've been to at least 3 other orthopedic docs. He's highly trained, with probably the best gift of diaganosis going all around. Needless to say I rate this surgery an AAA+++++. Thanks Dr. Smith. (I had a tumor on my spine last Oct. --he took it off and made me good to go.. No more pain in my back and legs. Halleluia!!

January 15th, 2012
Got the job done
The office staff was exultant. Very little wait time for all 3 appts. He figured out what the problem was quickly, and took appropriate measures to fix it. He did not spend very much time with me in the office or the hospital on the day of the surgery. The follow up instructions were not explained. I had a good outcome and I am pleased with the progress that I have had since the surgery. I can live with a poor bed side manner.

February 4th, 2010
Worst doctor ever
I completely agree with the individual who first posted a review of this doctor. I have degenerative Spondylolisthesis as well as Arthritis around my nerves in my back. I am age 21!! And he tells me these are "growing old pains" Who the he!! is old at age 21!?!?!? This doctor is the worst ever. He will downplay any pain you're in to that of a mere "ache" and never once physically examine you or even touch you in the slightest (well it makes great for anti-sexual harassment insurance) but lousy for a spine doctor.Do yourself a favor and stay away from this moron.

February 19th, 2009
Horrible!
Not only was this doctor insulting and rude, but he never even examined me, he only looked at x-rays. I have a kyphosis at the base of my neck. My OB/GYN was conserned about it since I am having pain, and unfortunately sent me to this quack! He told me my spine was completely normal and that not only was it because I was "short" and "already drew the short end of the stick there", but I just had "fat" there and that my pain was just because I am "getting old" - I am 39!! Needless to say if this man can't tell bone from fat, but then if you never lay a hand on the patient I guess you wouldn't! And if you just dismiss pain and are completely rude, then the only thing to do is go out and get a second opinion. And hopefully the next doctor will be at least a human being! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!