Dr. Michael Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Eau Claire, WI

3.4

October 18th, 2013
Displays medical knowledge, lacks communication skills and compassion.
Would not recommend. Terrible with children. Lacking bedside manner and communication skills. Loud, verbally attacking and disrespectful. Displays knowledge of medicine, diagnosis and treatment. Amazing nurse and staff. Rated Dr. with one star, because I had to. There should be a 0 star option. 5 stars for the nurse and staff.

June 8th, 2012
Dr. Smith went above and beyond from listening to my symtoms, to collaborating with other physicians, to a diagnosis. I thoroughly appreciated the phone call after hours to share test results, ask questions and organize the next step. He was not afraid to refer me to another specialist in order to take us one step closer to a diagnosis. All of these steps led to confirmed diagnosis and allowed me to have complete confidence in continuing my care with him. I appreciate the time he spent with me and my family to help us better understand my health. He is very intelligent and allowed me to feel at ease with his long term plan.

April 29th, 2011
Excellent Doctor; Different in a positive way!
always listened, very prompt and caring physician, great with children, Overall....The Best

October 26th, 2010
More involved with politics than patients
started out well, then digressed into his personal political beliefs which are opposite of mine. Also spouted factually incorrect diatribe on health care reform to scare my family. Whatever. That's okay, but I don't care, especially when I'm paying $189 for a 5 minute visit that started :30 minutes late. Too busy to sign forms while there, follow-up terrible, took literally WEEKS to respond to nultiple phone calls an emails. Missed vaccinations, filled out incorrect information on forms, etc... Generally lazy. Won't visit again.

March 5th, 2009
Excellent pediatricin. Never a problem in 4 years with two kids.

September 2nd, 2008
Doesn't like "whiny female" patients
He stated at the first (and only) visit when I asked if we could chat for a minute before the physical exam: "I am not your therapist". I DON'T Need a therapist I need a doctor I can trust.