Internist, Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Displays medical knowledge, lacks communication skills and compassion.  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2013

Would not recommend. Terrible with children. Lacking bedside manner and communication skills. Loud, verbally attacking and disrespectful. Displays knowledge of medicine, diagnosis and treatment. Amazing nurse and staff. Rated Dr. with one star, because I had to. There should be a 0 star option. 5 stars for the nurse and staff.

|  Ruined my life.  |  show details
by JB on Mar 21st, 2013

This was 17 years ago but ruined my life and career. He was inexperienced at the time, but after reviewing my daughters medical records, which I still have I am thoroughly disgusted. I am a licensed ultrasound tech so I have some medical knowledge. He testified at a custody hearing that I abused my daughter. After this a restraining order was put on me. My ex had been to numerous people social services police etc, claiming I had abused my daughter. Social services and the police both interviewed my daughter and investigated this allegation. No charges were ever filed and they rated the possibility of abuse 0 on a scale of 1-30. I have all the police reports social service reports etc. I then filed for a custody hearing and my lawyer never brought the police reports or social service reports. Since my ex and I lived in separate county's they never had this information at the hearing. He testified that the mother says my daughter said I touched her inappropriately. Then diagnoses her with abuse although the child is too young to give accurate details. In the same report says child just finished 10 day supply of antibiotics for a ear infection and diagnosed her with a yeast infection and child was sore in this area . She had been at my house and said it hurt when she went potty. I took my hand and ran my fingers along the crease below her belly and said does it hurt there or lower ? She said lower. Three days latter was when he diagnosed her with a yeast infection. He never talked to me or read the police reports or social service reports. Took me 5 years to finally get this information off Wisconsin court access site. It is sealed now link below. In the mean time for five years could not get a job in my field. I do something different now. Mother was also diagnosed after the fact with paranoid personality disorder. Have not seen my daughter since she was 4 is now 21. Paid all my child support. Spent thousands of dollars trying to straighten this out. Could not sue because he is immune under current laws. I need to vent and if anybody wants to see the medical reports and evidence I still have it Thanks Doc

|  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

Dr. Smith went above and beyond from listening to my symtoms, to collaborating with other physicians, to a diagnosis. I thoroughly appreciated the phone call after hours to share test results, ask questions and organize the next step. He was not afraid to refer me to another specialist in order to take us one step closer to a diagnosis. All of these steps led to confirmed diagnosis and allowed me to have complete confidence in continuing my care with him. I appreciate the time he spent with me and my family to help us better understand my health. He is very intelligent and allowed me to feel at ease with his long term plan.

|  Excellent Doctor; Different in a positive way!  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

always listened, very prompt and caring physician, great with children, Overall....The Best

|  More involved with politics than patients  |  show details
by Moving on up to real doc on Oct 26th, 2010

started out well, then digressed into his personal political beliefs which are opposite of mine. Also spouted factually incorrect diatribe on health care reform to scare my family. Whatever. That's okay, but I don't care, especially when I'm paying $189 for a 5 minute visit that started :30 minutes late. Too busy to sign forms while there, follow-up terrible, took literally WEEKS to respond to nultiple phone calls an emails. Missed vaccinations, filled out incorrect information on forms, etc... Generally lazy. Won't visit again.

|  show details
Mar 5th, 2009

Excellent pediatricin. Never a problem in 4 years with two kids.

|  Doesn't like "whiny female" patients  |  show details
by Very dissatisfied on Sep 2nd, 2008

He stated at the first (and only) visit when I asked if we could chat for a minute before the physical exam: "I am not your therapist". I DON'T Need a therapist I need a doctor I can trust.