Dr. Michael Stamos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 18th, 2015
I've been in remission from cancer for over 2 years. Both colorectal and liver surgeries were successful. He, and Dr. Imagawa are the very best available.

February 26th, 2015
Satisfied Patient
Dr. Stamos eased my mind when dealing with my emotional state while making life decisions that I faced combating cancer. My surgeries were successful and my healing time was fast and comfortable thanks to his exceptional skill, knowledge and experience. I highly recommend robotic surgery! It's also nice to know that my treatment was reviewed collectively with the team at UCI. I felt my care and outcome was important to them.

July 27th, 2012
He Saved My Butt...Literally
Dr. Stamos is an excellent colorectal surgeon! When I was diagnosed with Stage IIA Rectal Cancer at age 41, he looked so sad for me and said he was sorry that I had it and that I was in his hands now and that I would be okay. Well, thanks to God, Dr. Stamos, and the many excellent doctors at Chao DDC at UCIMC, I am almost three years in remission.I never doubted that I was in the best hands possible with Dr. Stamos. He is highly competent, explains complicated medical issues clearly for the layperson, and seems to genuinely care about his patients. The wait time in this office is pretty extreme, but I don't mind a bit - Dr. Stamos is definitely worth the wait! Plan to wait about an hour in his waiting room, but once you're in with him, he will give you all the time you could possibly want. I talked to him for almost two hours in my first appointment and typically have about a 45-minute appointment each time now. He NEVER makes me feel rushed or like I'm a bother. He wants to address my concerns and dispel my fears. He "gets it." He really seems to understand the cancer patient's perspective, which, unfortunately, is quite rare.I wouldn't trust my butt to anyone else...ever.

July 14th, 2011
Very professional and knowledgeable...The best amazing surgeon ever...Was very instrumental in my diagnosis and recovery process...Recommend him 100%

March 14th, 2011
Kathleen M.
God's gift to colo/rectal surgery. An amazing surgeon. Gave my husband back his "life" after a colostomy. TRUST this man.