Internists

1515 Calvary Dr
Ste 102
Florence, KY 41042
859-817-9772
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  LPN  |  show details
by Marie Hayes on Nov 5th, 2013

As a nurse, it is important for me to have a good relationship with my patients, family, and their health care providers. When choosing Dr. Justine for my PCP I was forced..last minute to use him when I was told, At the time of my appointment, that the Nurse Practitioner I had been seeing, no longer was working there. My appt with Dr. Justine went fine, over all he was polite, listened, and was capable of maintaining the same level of care my previous provider had done. The problem I have had, and the reason I will NEVER return to his office, was his front office staff. My spouse, who is in the military and stationed in another state. I often travel to and from my home state in Ohio to where he is. I have am currently being treated while out of state for a left kidney partial blockage and need to see a specialist. I notified the office the day of my E.R visit (approximately a weekand a half ago) I informed them that I would need INSURANCE approval and a INSURANCE referral in order to see the specialist that the E.R. doctor had refereed. THIS MUST BE DONE BY THE OFFICE & DR OF MY PCP. I am now one day from my appt to see the specialist, have been in horrible pain, and most likely, will need surgery, (As I have had in the past for the same issue) and the incompotant staff has still...even after DAILY calls to Vickie, Lisa, Christina, and some lady who refused to give her name (Ethnicity sounded African american) Have given me so many run arounds... demanding, insisting that it was not their jobs to handle the referrals, or to deal with my Insurance, I have even had my Ins company call them directly to assist them to get this expedited and they put the company on hold for over 15 min. When returning, the insurance rep asked if it was normal procedure to put their clients on hold, and the lady (African american woman who refused to give a name) stated... "I will get to you when I get to you "... In my line of work as a nurse. If I were to put off my patients needs, or their care, it would be considered NEGLECT. I would lose my nursing license and would be fired. Here I am...their patient...and all I needed was a form sent to my insurance...requesting permission to be seen by a specialist...it would take 20 min to call, complete, and fax to all parties involved. Yet days later...I STILL DO NOT HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO SEE SOMEONE!!!! I will miss my appt tomorrow with the Urologist due to their NEGLECT to process my insurance referral in a timely manner. IN my PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL opinion. Dr. Justine needs to FIRE his entire staff...hire new ones...and make it a point that his patients needs are addressed in a timely fashion.

|  Terrible Staff!!!  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

I went to this PCP because they were the only office that accepted my insurance and could see me ASAP, which is a plus about them. The office overall is older, but not dirty. It could use some updating. The receptionist is not friendly or welcoming. Being a new patient you want to feel welcomed and you do not get this here! I went and got some tests done and when I called a couple days later for the results like I was instructed to they stated that they did not have the results in the computer. But they did not even offer to call the hospital to ask for them, so I went out of my way to get the hospital to fax it to them. I called the office and let them know that the hospital would be faxing over the results and to call me when received. After no call an hour later I called back and the office had closed. I was livid, obvious after 3 calls in one day my results were very important to me! When I called the next day and told the person (who did not give her name or title) what had happened she did not say sorry, only gave me my results and then hung up. Being a nurse personally I can say that the NP and MD are good at what they do and are willing to help but their staff is TERRIBLE. I will not be back unless I am DESPIRATE!!!!

|  A doctor who actually listens.  |  show details
by Nicholas Patten on Aug 26th, 2012

I went to Dr. Justin after not having insurance for over a decade. I have some personal emotional, mood, and anger issues as well as high blood pressure and a history of heart disease in my family. I spoke with him about my background, my personal problems (not medical), and he actually listened and gave me feedback, which I thought was remarkable. The office staff, especially Kathy, the receptionist is great!! Dr. Justin explained the medication he prescribed to me, why it was being prescribed and to call in immediately if I had any adverse reactions to the medication. I've been going there for over a year and plan on staying there as a patient. He also consoled me about that if I were to lose my job, (my insurance) that I should not be afraid to call and make an appointment and that he would work on a payment plan with me. I also was pleased that Dr. Justin isn't a pill mill doctor. The first thing I was told when I called to see if new patients were being accepted was that 'they do not prescribe narcotic pain medication'. I applaud them on that!! Great visit every time I go, minimal wait, and prompt response time.