Dr. Michael Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 26th, 2017
BEST OFFICE IN HUNTSVILLE
I absolutely love Dr.Johnson's office. I cant believe all the negative reviews that are posted. These review don't reflex the wonder type of doctor that Dr.Johnson is, but are really used to attack his staff and his wife. I don't understand why so many people are using this as a platform to attack someone who is beyond a pleasure. I had a balance with Dr.Johnsons office and Mrs.Johnson not only took the time to explain every detail to me BUT also set up a payment plan with me. I have stood in line and watched patients fuss about having insurance but not understanding about deductibles. Try not paying a fee or co-pay at a specialist, well guess what, there is no working out a payment plan or having anything broken down in detail......YOU JUST WONT GET SEEN. Its sad that people will lower such a good doctors rating because of the dislike of his wife, who does her job very well. How about stopping with the names and just pay your bills! You cant go to Wal-mart and walk out with free grocery's, so stop trying to get free health care and complaining and name calling when you are caught!!!

May 1st, 2017
Run!
Incompetent, office manager is deceitful.

September 7th, 2016
Retired Nurse
Dr. Johnson is a compassionate and knowledgeable Doctor and friend. He allows his patients sufficient time to review their conditions, labs and treatments. He is prompt in ordering prescriptions and consults if needed. I am very satisfied with his care for me and my husband.

February 10th, 2016
Remove Wife from Office Manager
There has got to be a better way to collect late fees and additional fees then having your wife sitting at the front desk embarrassing people as they sign in for their appointments. They need to update their billing systems or figure out how to collect fees better. Because even if you do not owe anything you are so livid about how other people are being treated you want to change doctors. Dr. Johnson is wonderful, a great doctor and a wonderful personable individual. His wife is about making him rich – that will be hard to do when she runs off his long term patients.

December 14th, 2015
Dr. Johnson's Wife ( Staff Manager?)
Just wanted to reiterate his wife (office manager) is a different animal. I believe Dr. J, need to remove his wife and hire a professional office manager with certification, experience and work history. Mixing family and business will not work, I promise you that. A good office manager will correct a lot of problem that is being written about concerning Dr. J staff. Dr. J staff problem is a reflection of staff leadership. That is the office manager, who controls the atmosphere of the ENTIRE office...which no longer resemble Christ likeness. My recommendation is to remove his wife and hire an office manager with all the qualifications address above and the business will be blessing forever. I actually witness the cruel and inhumane treatment of an elderly lady because she didn't have enough money for her appointment they took her last $5. I sat there in disbelief as she waited there after until they took care of everyone in the waiting room, 2 hours before they call her to the back. I was just mortified and disappointed that Dr. Johnson (who I think is the best Doctor in Alabama) would allow his pride and joy not to mention his love for helping people be tainted with such evilness, I can only rate a 1.

December 9th, 2014
Fire your Front office staff
Ok, In the process of finding/switching to new family physician (My old doctor is very good but due to distance iam “WAS” planning to switch) 1) Try to call his office, the front office lady will talk to you as thou she is the most busiest human in the world and as thou the office is full of patients waiting. She won’t talk to you more than 1 min. Her response “I will send the package, fill and send it back” hangs-up 2) Try to call next day to inform that I still haven’t received it . Her response after keeping me hold “well, I will get to you soon” 3) After 2 days the package comes (thru email) and I went to submit it . Funny, No one sitting in the office and its totally free. After 15 min the front office lady opens her window and asks “can I help you”. Takes the document and doesn’t even want to discuss anything more, she says “Will call you tomorrow” 4) After 5 days, she reached me back “Again, can you hold for a min ? “ – I responded back “I already switched to another doctor, so don’t bother now”. I don’t want to review the doctor as I dint see him but he need to worry about losing patients due to his front office behavior.

December 4th, 2014
Remove Your Wife as the Office Manager
Dr. Johnson is a wonderful doctor that cares about the individual as a whole, physical and spiritual. I would recommend other patients to Dr. Johnson for his care. But, his wife (office manager) is a different animal. I believe Dr. J, need to remove his wife and hire a professional office manager with certification, experience and work history. Mixing family and business will not work, I promise you that. A good office manager will correct a lot of problem that is being written about concerning Dr. J staff. Dr. J staff problem is a reflection of staff leadership. That is the office manager, who controls the atmosphere of the ENTIRE office. My recommendation is to remove his wife and hire an office manager with all the qualifications address above and the business will be blessing forever. My overall rating is a two.

August 26th, 2013
Best Family Medicine Physician in North AL
Dr. Michael Johnson is a blessing to the many patients that he treats on a daily basis. I have very much appreciated the changes that he has made since moving to his beautiful new location. He has hired new staff that is much more courteous and professional than before. He gives the best annual physical - I have been to other physicians and it is a disgrace to know that for many years I have been cheated out of good medicine. I did not know any better until I started to come to North Huntsville Family Care. I am so happy that I have found the right doctor who really cares and knows what he is doing in every aspect of my care. I don't mind the wait, he is the worth the every minute. Truth be told - he really is the best Family Medicine Doctor in Huntsville and I am honored to be his patient. Please update his new office address - everyone should know where this great doctor is located.

May 6th, 2013
Dr. J is a wonderful doctor. He is very caring of his patients needs. However, his support staff is terrible. The staff could care less if you received quality service. They are by far the worst office staff I've encountered.

May 2nd, 2013
Thorough and Caring
Dr. Johnson is very informative, caring, and thorough. He takes time with patients, answers questions, and explains issues well. His new office is quite beautiful, well staffed, and efficient. Patient wait time runs long on occasion; in my experience it averages about a half hour. Only two complaints: patients are charged for every service, including phone calls to pharmacies and prescriptions if you forget to request them during visits, and the office is only open three and a half days a week.

July 17th, 2012
Dr. Johnson is a refreshing experience. I absolutely love him personal commitment to the caring of his patients. Excellent for diabetics!

May 1st, 2012
Very willing to work with his patients. He is extremely thourough when diagnosing.