Dr. Michael Yu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Yu?

Denied treatment

Posted on November 1st, 2016

My 82-year-old father has been a patient at Dr. Yu's practice for years, mostly seeing Yu's partner until the partner retired. We have interacted with Dr. Yu in the hospital and in the office. We have been unhappy for some time with - the NON-return of phone calls (not slow return...actually not returning calls) - length of time (weeks) to get test results, even though the doctor has the results - rudeness of some of the staff - abruptness of staff and Dr. Yu Today's incident means we will find a new doctor: This morning my father's indwelling foley catheter became blocked. A blocked catheter quickly becomes uncomfortable and then painful. This has happened multiple times before. The solution is simple: remove the catheter and put a new one in. Today, the timing of the blockage was such that my father could simply go to Dr. Yu's office to have the catheter changed. The office opens at 8:30 am. When my father arrived at 8:31 and explained his need for a catheter change, he was told that they were too busy to see him. He was FORCED to go to the ER. The nurse/receptionist actually told him to go to the ER. So, despite being in some physical distress, my father left Dr. Yu's office, drove himself to the ER, parked, walked in, got triaged, went to a room, changed into a gown, saw a nurse, saw the doctor, saw another nurse to finally change the catheter, worked with registration, received a prescription for antibiotics, signed papers, and was released. Unbelievable. And unacceptable.

Posted on August 19th, 2016

This "doctor" was awful. He was obnoxious, belittling, arrogant, and also messed up a procedure and almost destroyed my right kidney. He was horrible. I would have sued but lacked the initial retainer fee so I had to settle for filing a medical board complaint.

Posted on February 3rd, 2016

DR Yu is great, but his support systems need improvement. Phone calls are not returned; getting questions answered require multiple phone calls.

Unhappy Patient

Posted on July 19th, 2014

Made me feel like just a number.

Inept used me to experiment with new procedure he has no skill in

Posted on August 25th, 2013

Worst experience of my life left me bedridden for the rest of my life. Not exactly what I was going for. Refused to give the treatment I wanted, chose to use me for a botched approach he had little if any experience with then refused to help when it was a complete failure

Kidney stones

Posted on June 19th, 2013

Dr. Yu is an honest straight forward doctor. Whether I like to hear it or not, he tells me if I have stones and gives me options on how to treat them. I once asked what they looked like and he took time to take me into the hallway and show me the x-ray. After a surgery, I had a seizure and as a precautionary measure he kept me in the hospital overnight. I would recommend Dr. Yu to anyone who has kidney stones.

Posted on June 11th, 2013

After not even 5 minutes of speaking with me, Dr. Yu stated i needed surgery right away as he felt i had Interstitial cystitis. A week later i have surgery and am told i have a sever case. After a week of surgery and no instructions on follow up procedures, i schedule a check up. During my appointment, he makes me feel like there is no reason for me to have come in and says he will write me a script for percocet, and that is all he can do. I grow concerned that taking percocet as a method of treatment could have serious side effects and call his office with concerns. Dr. Yu tells me as long as i am not taking more than 5 a day i am good. Then i began to have other serious side effects from the percocet and call back to his office, and then am told by his staff he should not be giving me that, and two days later i get a note from his office releasing me as a patient. Then i receive a call from their director apologizing for his behaviors and offers for me to be seen by another doctor. MY suggestion is find a whole new practice all together! Horrible staff, and not very educated doctors in my opinion.

Posted on February 27th, 2013

I sincerely believe that this so-called "doctor" is incompetent. He misdiagnosed my condition twice, and did not even perform the correct exam. I would never recommend him.

Perfect urologist for vasectomies

Posted on January 18th, 2013

Dr. Yu is very professional and personable. He explained the procedure thoroughly and answered all of my questions fully. He uses both cauterization and titanium clips for vasectomies, which greatly increase the probability of sterilization success. I would highly recommend the very experienced Dr. Yu to any man who is ready for a vasectomy.

Unprofessional handling of wait time

Posted on May 14th, 2012

When I arrived for my appt, I was told that they would call me soon. 45 minutes later, I went to the window and asked how much longer.She said, "Oh, the doctor still isn't back from an emergency he was called to at another office. We expect him back any time now, but we don't know for sure."She also said there were "several" patients ahead of me that he would need to see first. Which means I would be waiting for another hour AFTER he got back into the office.I know emergencies happen -- that's not the problem. What was unprofessional was the way it was handled by the office staff. When I checked in, they never told me the doctor wasn't there and that there might be a 2 hour wait. Then they left me sitting for 45 minutes and still never told me the doctor was not yet back.This office staff needs to learn courtesy and respect for their patients.

Posted on April 22nd, 2012

Simply chose Dr. Yu as a urologist covered by my health plan and close to my home. Was a very lucky choice. Great guy, did thorough tests to determine my problem and prescribed meds which have helped. Recommend highly.

Posted on July 8th, 2011

My mother had a bad experience with this doctor. I am doing everything I can to find a doctor for her who is caring, thorough, and patient. Use your gut feeling when deciding whether or not to let this man be one of your health care providers.