Urologic Surgeon
9000 N Main St
Ste 333
Dayton, OH 45415
937-832-8400
Locations and availability (7)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Unhappy Patient  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2014

Made me feel like just a number.

|  Inept used me to experiment with new procedure he has no skill in  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2013

Worst experience of my life left me bedridden for the rest of my life. Not exactly what I was going for. Refused to give the treatment I wanted, chose to use me for a botched approach he had little if any experience with then refused to help when it was a complete failure

|  Kidney stones  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2013

Dr. Yu is an honest straight forward doctor. Whether I like to hear it or not, he tells me if I have stones and gives me options on how to treat them. I once asked what they looked like and he took time to take me into the hallway and show me the x-ray. After a surgery, I had a seizure and as a precautionary measure he kept me in the hospital overnight. I would recommend Dr. Yu to anyone who has kidney stones.

Jun 11th, 2013

After not even 5 minutes of speaking with me, Dr. Yu stated i needed surgery right away as he felt i had Interstitial cystitis. A week later i have surgery and am told i have a sever case. After a week of surgery and no instructions on follow up procedures, i schedule a check up. During my appointment, he makes me feel like there is no reason for me to have come in and says he will write me a script for percocet, and that is all he can do. I grow concerned that taking percocet as a method of treatment could have serious side effects and call his office with concerns. Dr. Yu tells me as long as i am not taking more than 5 a day i am good. Then i began to have other serious side effects from the percocet and call back to his office, and then am told by his staff he should not be giving me that, and two days later i get a note from his office releasing me as a patient. Then i receive a call from their director apologizing for his behaviors and offers for me to be seen by another doctor. MY suggestion is find a whole new practice all together! Horrible staff, and not very educated doctors in my opinion.

Feb 26th, 2013

I sincerely believe that this so-called "doctor" is incompetent. He misdiagnosed my condition twice, and did not even perform the correct exam. I would never recommend him.

|  Perfect urologist for vasectomies  |  show details
by Jason on Jan 18th, 2013

Dr. Yu is very professional and personable. He explained the procedure thoroughly and answered all of my questions fully. He uses both cauterization and titanium clips for vasectomies, which greatly increase the probability of sterilization success. I would highly recommend the very experienced Dr. Yu to any man who is ready for a vasectomy.

|  Special Gift from Dr. Yu  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

Da Vinci Total Prostate RemovalSurgery in June 2007.I am 5 years Cancer Free. I believe that is because of Dr. Yu's Expertise with the Robotic system and his integrity in getting all of the cancerous material in my body. This has resulted in me being able to witness the high school graduation of 2 of my grand-children. Neither of my grandfathers, nor my father lived to see any of their grand-children graduate from high school. I thank God for Dr.Yu. I wish I could tell him, "Thanks!"

|  Unprofessional handling of wait time  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

When I arrived for my appt, I was told that they would call me soon. 45 minutes later, I went to the window and asked how much longer.She said, "Oh, the doctor still isn't back from an emergency he was called to at another office. We expect him back any time now, but we don't know for sure."She also said there were "several" patients ahead of me that he would need to see first. Which means I would be waiting for another hour AFTER he got back into the office.I know emergencies happen -- that's not the problem. What was unprofessional was the way it was handled by the office staff. When I checked in, they never told me the doctor wasn't there and that there might be a 2 hour wait. Then they left me sitting for 45 minutes and still never told me the doctor was not yet back.This office staff needs to learn courtesy and respect for their patients.

Apr 22nd, 2012

Simply chose Dr. Yu as a urologist covered by my health plan and close to my home. Was a very lucky choice. Great guy, did thorough tests to determine my problem and prescribed meds which have helped. Recommend highly.

Jul 8th, 2011

My mother had a bad experience with this doctor. I am doing everything I can to find a doctor for her who is caring, thorough, and patient. Use your gut feeling when deciding whether or not to let this man be one of your health care providers.

|  Bladder cancer  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2011

Had 4 Surgeries was told that bladder should be removed,I asked about Prevention treatments after each Surgery,was promised the treatments but never received any . Seemed like all he wanted was to do was surgery and take out Bladder which meant having a Bag attached to my side.I went to another urologist that did surgery started a treatment Of chemo with in a yr cancer was gone my second opinion saved my bladder from being Removed Don't be afraid of getting a second Opinion,If I would have Stayed with this Doctor I would be Peeing in a bag today. I'm not, thanks to getting a second Opinion.