Dr. Michael Kaiser MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 20th, 2016
Highly recommend!!
I am a nurse ,healthy and active, shocked when realized neurosurgery was necessary. Dr.Kaiser explained benefits &risks of surgery with compassion & expertise ,reiterating decision was mine to make . My post op recovery went smoothly, no need for pain medications. Dr.Kaiser's nurse,Rosemary McGill "checked in " with me daily for the initial7-10 days, and regularly for many weeks after surgery. She is knowledgable, caring and professional . Vivian, the business manager , is also an asset to the practice, consistently courteous and friendly .

September 22nd, 2016
Dr. Kaiser is the best. He listens, understands and easy to relate to. 3 surgeries, and there was never a moment I doubted his recommendations. All his staff are kind and thoughtful as well, and respond quickly to any concerns.

March 31st, 2016
Best Spine Doctor
Dr. Kaiser is the best spine doctor. I knew from my first appointment with him that I was in good hands.

March 24th, 2016
Great experience under difficult circumstances
I had cervical problems that I lived with for many years. When it came time to address these problems in a meaningful way, Dr. Kaiser was recommended to me. He performed a two level discectomy and corpectomy to reduce the fusion points. The surgery was approximately two years ago now and I feel like I have my life back. I had severe pain running down my right arm and at times could not keep my head up without excruciating pain. I was 51 and active when I had the surgery and now feel like I am in some of the best shape in decades. The office was kind,, courteous and responsive Rosemary and Vivian are top notch. Dr. Kaiser took time to explain everything in terms that made it clear and easy to understand. I have nothing but good things to say about him and the practice. I've recommended friends who have also had cervical issues and they have been pleased, as well.

March 15th, 2016
I have had two successful surgeries performed by Dr. Kaiser in the past three years, a microdiscectomy and a lumbar decompression. He is a wonderful surgeon and a consummate professional. Not surprisingly, his staff is first rate as well.

January 21st, 2016
Had a c6-c7 fusion in 2013 after another neurosurgeon prescribed pills. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Kaiser. Competent, attentive, etc. I will recommend him without hesitation.

September 17th, 2015
Great experience
Had surgery very successful. Highly recommend !

March 30th, 2015
I have been suffering for years.
He corrected my stenosis and I feel great. I can walk even upstairs and that is something ptohibited for 2 years. The Surgery was the Best thing I have ever done or had done by a Doctor. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Kaiser, the surgical staff and all the others who cared for me at Columbia University Medical Center.

January 21st, 2015
C5 & C6 ACDF
Dr. Kaiser and the Surgical and Nursing staff at Columbia provided me with the utmost in care and relief. In recovery I felt immediant strength on my left side. Honestly I would have happy to have been released 2 hours after the operation. Other then a sore throat for 2 days, I am certainly pleased with the ease of surgery and the outcome allows me to walk perfectly normal now. Columbia and Dr. Kaiser saved me from having to use a wheel chair.

September 9th, 2014
The most amazing doctor....

August 25th, 2014
Wonderful
I had cervical cord compression and wanted to see a top surgeon. I saw 3 top NYC surgeons, and what a difference. Dr. Kaiser did not talk down to me, he explained my MRI's to me and the surgery to the detail. He spent time with me and I never felt rushed, which I cant say for the other consultations I went on. I'm now 3 month's out from surgery and I have my life back!

November 29th, 2010
I had suffered from disc herniation, and compressed cord for 10+ years. I had put off surgery previously due to concern about how it might go, and because the pain seemed to be manageable. FInally, I visited Dr Kaiser and 2 more surgeons and every one recommended that I was the right candidate to receive surgery. I opted to go with Dr Kaiser. His diagnosis was accurate (so far), and his solution of a 3-level spinal fusion, discectomy was inline with what another surgeon (he was also very good, and highly qualified) also recommended. Dr Kaiser performed the surgery a month ago, and so far the result is beyond my expectation. The pain I used to have is almost entirely gone. The surgery healed fairly quickly. I am almost fully functional again, although there is some fatigue, and I am taking it easy so far. I highly recommend Dr Kaiser. In my view, he is a great surgeon.