A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kaplitt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kaplitt is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kaplitt
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kaplitt Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kaplitt, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Back Pain
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Essential Tremor
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Parkinson Disease
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Stereotaxic Techniques
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplitt graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kaplitt has 12 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Kaplitt MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 16 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael Kaplitt practice?
- Dr. Michael Kaplitt has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Kaplitt practices Neurological Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Neurological Surgeons.