Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  Be warned!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 4th, 2014

Get your lawyer before the visit. You will save yourself a LOT of pain and suffering.

|  Love this doctor! A surgeon's surgeon!  |  show details
by Top flight on Jan 12th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Khalil for some time after he saved my father's life and have had nothing but top rate personalized service. Dr. Khalil can do procedures laparoscopically that many surgeons have to cut a patient wide open to do. This was the case with my father who was near death with a perforated duodenal ulcer. Dr. Khalil fixed it with a couple of tiny holes and a camera and washed him out. My dad was drinking liquids the very next day and home in two days virtually pain free! I've also seen Dr. Khalil operate on other surgeon's complications as well as a number of surgeons.

|  Crappy Doc  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

I had surgery with Dr. Khalil in Belfast Maine where he fills in for a Maine doctor and I am not impressed!! I made an appointment to see the Dr. after surgery due to pain issues. When I arrived at the office I waited for 45 mins in the waiting room standing due to surgical pain. When the Dr. came in to see me he asked why I was there, because he said “I normally does not see patient with this type of surgery so soon.” After explaining to him my pain issues he tells me that the pain meds he gave were strong enough that I should not be experiencing pain. His suggestions were to eat raw ginger and take more ibuprofen. When I questioned why he would not up my pain meds it was because he thought I was a junky just trying to get more narcotics. The Dr. never even looked at my surgical site to see if there was anything wrong. Would never recommend this DR!!

|  Super intelligent doctor, even better bedside manner!  |  show details
by Sarah, H. on Sep 4th, 2013 on doctor.com

Meet Dr. Khalil and you will experience a warm compassionate soul who is an incredibly bright and talented surgeon! I have been going to him for ov ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
 |  Very thorough and caring doctor!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

Dr. Khalil is a very good listener and asks the right questions to get to the heart of the problem. He ordered just the right tests and nothing more to arrive at the diagnosis. Throughout the whole process, I could tell that Dr, Khalil really cared about my health and he even followed up with a phone call to ensure that I responded to the treatment. He would even return my calls on a Sunday!

|  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

I was given a quick visual look but was charged for surgery! I was pushed by the Dr. Michal Khalil to have surgery as soon as possible! They would not allow me to leave before they had my insurance info and whanted to book a surgery date. I went for a second opinion, they tolds me surgery should be the last option and they treated me and I was fine.I believe this doctor, in my case, is is totally dishonest in how he charges my insurance company and how he pushed me for surgery!Watch out, beware, he must have some large bills to pay!

|  If your derriere hurts now, wait until you see your bill from Dr. Michael Khalil  |  show details
by Nathan on Aug 14th, 2012

If your derriere hurts now, wait until you see your bill from Dr. Michael Khalil at the Hemorrhoid Care Medical Center. I am a licensed physician in the state of California. However, this review constitutes my personal opinion and experience as Dr. Khalil’s patient, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not and never have been in competition with Dr. Khalil, his business partners or companies in any way. I was seen by Dr. Khalil in the Hemorrhoid Care Medical Center on 8705 Complex Drive in early 2011 for a rash on my buttocks. I checked up on Dr. Khalil online but he didn’t have much there one way or another so decided to give it a go and I thought as a hemorrhoid surgeon he’d have a lot of experience in that area. A group of doctors run multiple independent business entities in this “Ambulatory Care Medical Center” at 8705 Complex Drive including HCMC, the surgery center (which I experienced), a genital wart clinic and a Gastric Banding Medical Group (which I didn’t). The gated parking lot was filled with the Mercedes driven by the various doctors (the waiting room was empty) and had the low lighting and overstuffed couches you would typically associate with a funeral home or lounge rather than a medical office. As the front secretary Karen made me wait as she tapped with long nails on a bedazzled smart phone, I sat in the waiting room, which has the low lighting and overstuffed couches you would typically associate with a lounge or funeral home rather than a medical office. After a while I was brought back to Dr. Michael Roushdy Khalil, a pleasant man in his early 40’s, who examined me and told me that in addition to my rash I had an external hemorrhoid. To my surprise, he said in addition to needing a skin cream, that I may have internal hemorrhoids as well and he recommended that he schedule a colonoscopy. This was quite a jump from my initial complaint of rash, so I was concerned about coverage by my insurance at this small clinic. He asked if there was any colon cancer in my family, I said yes (grandmother), and he said “I’m sure it will be covered”. I scheduled my colonoscopy, filled out the routine paperwork at the office, and had my colonoscopy done by Dr. Khalil in February 2011. On the day of my procedure, at their surgical center, I was brought to my gurney by nurse Diane. I asked again to make sure everything had been authorized by my insurance company, she said “they woundn’t have scheduled you if it hadn’t gone through.” I went home afterwards and thought everything would be fine. Until the bills started arriving. You see, Dr. Khalil’s bill hadn’t “gone through.” It had been submitted, but he was told he was only going to get less than $200 after he billed them, no typo, $4600. The surgical center’s bill had gone through, in fact Dr. Gertsch had called personally a half-dozen times to make sure to get every potential penny. Dr. Khalil sent me personally a bill for $3129.84, AFTER a “professional discount.” I called Dr. Khalil’s biller, whose name is Neal C., multiple times to attempt to get this large bill resubmitted and paid by my insurance. He referred me to one of the routine forms I had signed: “I understand that I am responsible for any deductable… my insurance may deny payment or consider some or all services performed by Dr. Khalil to be “non-covered”, and I understand that the feels charged… may exceed the fees considered “usual, customary and reasonable”. Nearly all doctors have some form like this so I hadn’t been threatened by it. So that seems a pretty big bill, just doctor side only. I started to call around to gastroenterologist offices locally. Would you like to know the usual and customary (U&C) physician bill at the time I had my colonoscopy (including all associated procedures done) by Dr. Khalil? The GI doctors’s offices I called said it should have been $942. So here we have a physician that has two critical pieces of knowledge about his bill. He KNOWS he participates in ZERO networks to perform this procedure (Neal said so on the phone). He KNOWS the patient is going to pay THREE TIMES as much going to him than if the patient goes to a location charging Usual and Customary (U&C) fees. And given that he knows he is out of network, an insured patient is shelling out $ for a procedure that (in my case) may have been free elsewhere! I called Dr. Khalil, the HCMC owner Dr. Gertsch, my insurance, the biller, the clinic, and even went in person to the center and talked to Bruce and Steve about my concerns. No dice. In the end I paid up. But I let him know that this review was coming. Colonoscopy, hemorrhoid removal… these are NOT boutique services and HCMC is hardly a boutique anyway. My personal opinion is that you don’t need to pay prices like Dr. Khalil’s, whether if you do OR do not have insurance. Protect your wallet and go somewhere else.

|  Incredible Man....More Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Khalil is a God-send! My health was spiraling out of control and I had no insurance and no means to pay for his services. I was barely getting by financially but made slightly more than the cut-off for public assistance. I remember that Dr. Khalil had a lobby full of patients waiting to see him that day two years ago. I didn't have an appointment but he agreed to fit me in. Amongst my many health problems, I had developed malignant hypertension. Dr. Khalil turned me around and then refused to charge me a dime! He still follows up with me to this day and still refuses to charge me. He returns my calls and refills my meds treating me with all the dignity, compassion and respect. I owe him so much! Thank you Dr. Khalil!!!

|  One Doc about Another  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Michael Khalil trained under me as a fellow for 2 years, in bariatric surgery. He is an exceptionally skilled surgeon, an outstandingly compassionate physician, and a truly fine man. You will receive excellent care, from a super doctor. G. Wesley Clark, MD

|  Loved Dr. K!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

I love this doctor K! He is very knowledgeable! When no other doctor could figure out what was wrong with me at 4 other hospitals, he figured it out right away! He saved my life!

|  He is my HERO!  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

Dr. Khalil is AMAZING! He was the surgeon on call the night that my 4 year old son had fallen and lacerated his nose. It was so bad as the left side of his nose was completely separated from his face. I had no insurance and there were no plastic surgeons to be found who would accept responsibility for my son's care. Dr. Khalil took him to surgery at 2 am and was done 3.5 hours later! OMG! Everyone was amazed at the results from all the nurses to our pediatrician who emphasized how lucky we were to have him! Dr. Khalil's compassion was incredible as well....He had two more follow up visits to make sure the healing went well. I am so grateful to Dr. Khalil. He did all this knowing we had no way to pay for his services. I cannot thank him enough!

|  Amazing Man, Even more Amazing Surgeon!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2010

Dr. Khalil is the most amazing physician/surgeon whom I've ever had the honor of knowing. He took great care of my daughter, not only saving her life, but insisting that she redirect her personal and professional life into more constructive pursuits. He clearly cares about his patients and goes out of his way above and beyond the call of duty!My daughter and I are very grateful!

|  Awesome bedside manner and compassionate soul!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2010

This doctor cares about his patients and always went the extra mile for my mother. He is extremely smart and he communicates his medical knowledge effectively to the entire family. His sense of humor really calms my mother down when she is nervous. He is an angel! Thank you Dr. Khalil!

|  Amazing Surgeon/Compassionate Human Being!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Khalil is not only an amazing surgeon, but a compassionate sincere human being who is extremely passionate about what he does so well. He has provided me with individualized care and always returns my calls. I agree with others that he is an angel sent by God!Thank you Dr. Khalil!

|  THE BEST  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2009

Dr. Khalil is an Angel sent from God when a very sick lady needed him the most. He was a locum tenans when we were blessed to know him. Three years have gone by and even though he is many miles away, he is still involved in her care. God Bless You, Dr. Khalil! And thank you eternally!

|  Mrs. Lady  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2009

Dr. khalil is one of the BEST doctors I've ever met! He is extremely caring and professional! I just wish all of my doctor's was like Dr. Khalil!