Surgeons

Kearny Mesa
8705 Complex Dr
San Diego, CA 92123
858-565-6000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Run for your life!  |  show details
by Thomas G. on May 9th, 2014

Billed over $67,000 for a hemhorroidectomyand colonoscopy. Only completed 1/2 the hemhorroidectomy told me I have to come back for the other half, at another $35,000 -. My insurance paid him and Ambulatory Care Surgery Center, yet I had to pay almost $12,000 out of pocket and they are now billing me almost $16,000 more money...AFTER insurance paid! He and Dr. Ronald Gertsch seem to be partners in this .... Anyway, get your attorney before you even go in for your first visit. You will definitely need one if you go here. They are the absolute worst yet charge more than the best surgeons in the world, which they are definitely not among!

|  Be warned!  |  show details
by Anonymous on Apr 4th, 2014

Get your lawyer before the visit. You will save yourself a LOT of pain and suffering.

|  Love this doctor! A surgeon's surgeon!  |  show details
by Top flight on Jan 12th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Khalil for some time after he saved my father's life and have had nothing but top rate personalized service. Dr. Khalil can do procedures laparoscopically that many surgeons have to cut a patient wide open to do. This was the case with my father who was near death with a perforated duodenal ulcer. Dr. Khalil fixed it with a couple of tiny holes and a camera and washed him out. My dad was drinking liquids the very next day and home in two days virtually pain free! I've also seen Dr. Khalil operate on other surgeon's complications as well as a number of surgeons.

|  Very thorough and caring doctor!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

Dr. Khalil is a very good listener and asks the right questions to get to the heart of the problem. He ordered just the right tests and nothing more to arrive at the diagnosis. Throughout the whole process, I could tell that Dr, Khalil really cared about my health and he even followed up with a phone call to ensure that I responded to the treatment. He would even return my calls on a Sunday!

|  Incredible Man....More Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Khalil is a God-send! My health was spiraling out of control and I had no insurance and no means to pay for his services. I was barely getting by financially but made slightly more than the cut-off for public assistance. I remember that Dr. Khalil had a lobby full of patients waiting to see him that day two years ago. I didn't have an appointment but he agreed to fit me in. Amongst my many health problems, I had developed malignant hypertension. Dr. Khalil turned me around and then refused to charge me a dime! He still follows up with me to this day and still refuses to charge me. He returns my calls and refills my meds treating me with all the dignity, compassion and respect. I owe him so much! Thank you Dr. Khalil!!!

|  One Doc about Another  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Michael Khalil trained under me as a fellow for 2 years, in bariatric surgery. He is an exceptionally skilled surgeon, an outstandingly compassionate physician, and a truly fine man. You will receive excellent care, from a super doctor. G. Wesley Clark, MD

|  Loved Dr. K!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2011

I love this doctor K! He is very knowledgeable! When no other doctor could figure out what was wrong with me at 4 other hospitals, he figured it out right away! He saved my life!

|  He is my HERO!  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

Dr. Khalil is AMAZING! He was the surgeon on call the night that my 4 year old son had fallen and lacerated his nose. It was so bad as the left side of his nose was completely separated from his face. I had no insurance and there were no plastic surgeons to be found who would accept responsibility for my son's care. Dr. Khalil took him to surgery at 2 am and was done 3.5 hours later! OMG! Everyone was amazed at the results from all the nurses to our pediatrician who emphasized how lucky we were to have him! Dr. Khalil's compassion was incredible as well....He had two more follow up visits to make sure the healing went well. I am so grateful to Dr. Khalil. He did all this knowing we had no way to pay for his services. I cannot thank him enough!

|  Amazing Man, Even more Amazing Surgeon!  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2010

Dr. Khalil is the most amazing physician/surgeon whom I've ever had the honor of knowing. He took great care of my daughter, not only saving her life, but insisting that she redirect her personal and professional life into more constructive pursuits. He clearly cares about his patients and goes out of his way above and beyond the call of duty!My daughter and I are very grateful!

|  Awesome bedside manner and compassionate soul!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2010

This doctor cares about his patients and always went the extra mile for my mother. He is extremely smart and he communicates his medical knowledge effectively to the entire family. His sense of humor really calms my mother down when she is nervous. He is an angel! Thank you Dr. Khalil!

|  Amazing Surgeon/Compassionate Human Being!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Khalil is not only an amazing surgeon, but a compassionate sincere human being who is extremely passionate about what he does so well. He has provided me with individualized care and always returns my calls. I agree with others that he is an angel sent by God!Thank you Dr. Khalil!

|  THE BEST  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2009

Dr. Khalil is an Angel sent from God when a very sick lady needed him the most. He was a locum tenans when we were blessed to know him. Three years have gone by and even though he is many miles away, he is still involved in her care. God Bless You, Dr. Khalil! And thank you eternally!

|  Mrs. Lady  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2009

Dr. khalil is one of the BEST doctors I've ever met! He is extremely caring and professional! I just wish all of my doctor's was like Dr. Khalil!