A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kimmey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kimmey, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kimmey, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 28 areas:
- Barrett Esophagus
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Catheter Ablation
- Colon Cancer
- Colonic Pseudo-Obstruction
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kimmey graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Kimmey has 10 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Community Hospital
- Tacoma General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kimmey accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Premera Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Kimmey practice?
Dr. Michael Kimmey practices Gastroenterology near Gig Harbor, WA.
Additional practice locations include: Tacoma, WA and Puyallup, WA.
See Gig Harbor Gastroenterologists.