Dr. Michael Kirby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Kirby?

August 15th, 2016

Kind and personable

Dr Kirby is a thorough, kind physician who my 13 year old son really enjoys seeing. I've never had an issue getting an appointment and think he does a great job with my son. As a nurse and mom, I have no qualms about recommending him.

September 30th, 2015

Not for us

He was flat out rude to us. He acted as if we were a waste of his time. Not a great pediatrician for new parents who have questions or would like things explained...Complete lack of personality. We will not see him again.

December 16th, 2014

Dont go to this doctor!

April 2nd, 2013

I called the office late in the afternoon knowing I would most likely not be able to take my son in. Although Dr. Kirby had just finished with his last patient for the day, they told me to bring in my son and Dr. would wait. I arrived 15 min later and did not feel the least bit rushed. He took time to talk with and thoroughly examined my son. I have also paged Dr. Kirby after office hours and he has always returned my calls. I appreciate the time he gives my four children including drawing pictures of what an ear infection looks like to my six year old so he could understand it.

October 22nd, 2012

Makes you feel you are asking "dumb" questions, says he is going do tests to narrow down the problem, does one test came back "fine" and if I feel something is wrong to take my child to ER. Im switiching doctors today.

February 6th, 2012

Mom of 3!

We love Dr Kirby! Our experience all around is excellent. He is very good at explaining to me what/why he is diagnosing. He does not give out antibiotics unless the kids really need them and I appreciate that so much! When I take all 3 kids in at the same time, he still takes the time to connect with each of them (and find time to chat with me). We have been seeing Dr Kirby for almost 5 years and plan to keep coming back for many more!

August 4th, 2011

Do not go to this "doctor"

My son was seen here for about a year. He was born with one kidney and we were told by Dr. Kirby as long as he was having wet diapers not to worry about it. He never went over any special things to worry about with a child with one kidney or sent us to a specialist or for an ultrasound. When I would go into the office with my son alone he would treat me like I was a nobody and had no idea what I was talking about. When my husband would go with me he would be a totally different guy. It got to the point I wouldn't go to doctors appt's alone. Finally after a year I had decided to try to find a different pediatrician, we found a new one and went for the first visit and she told us we should have seen a kidney specialist 2 times by now to make sure that the other kidney was working properly and to discuss special diets and activities he should and should not do. Dr. Kirby did none of this. I then went back to Dr. Kirby's office to get copies of my sons medical records and was told someone would call me, 3 hours later I had heard nothing and so I called back, they told me that they were probably busy and to hold, she came back on the phone and said we will see what we can do and hung up on me. I went into the office and asked to speak to the office manager, I was then told that I left their practice and that is why I was receiving the treatment I was. I said that I hadn't even signed a medical release yet so how were they working on it. She said that the nurse was unaware of that policy so they were going to call me later to have me come back in. The ladies at the counter don't know standard policy or telephone etiquette. This place is a joke!

July 14th, 2010

Find Another Doctor

I went to Dr. Kirby with my 7 day old baby, it was our first visit and our last. My little girl was in the NICU for 5 days because of breathing issues and a temperature she was finally realeased and we took her to Dr. Kirby for her fist out of hospital well visit 2 days later. He came in, did not introduce himself to my husband and I, just said take her diaper off please and inspected her for a couple seconds then told us she looked good and was all set. I said I think she feels warm (mind you of the 5 day fever in the hospital/ and breathing problems) he said 'nah she feels fine to me', and the office never took her temperature or her vitals, nothing! So needless to say his horrible bed side manner, his lack of doctor/parent communication, and lack of concern for my baby has us never going back or reccomending him. So please, do yourself a huge favor and find another doctor for your little angels!

May 7th, 2010

This doctor has NO business being a pediatric doctor. He has absolutly NO bedsid manor! He said my daughter just had allergies (she was coughing non-stop) and a day later she was worse, so we took her to urgent care.. she had bronchitis! I can't belive he said she DID NOT have bronchitis. She is Now doing much better. I am glad I trusted my instints and took her to urgent care. Dr. Kirby was a waste of our time and money and shouldn't be treating ANYONE!

May 26th, 2017