A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kirkwood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kirkwood, Assistant Clinical Professor is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kirkwood, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Hot Flashes
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Kirkwood graduated from University of Kentucky , Lexington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kirkwood has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Covington
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kirkwood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Kirkwood practice?
Dr. Michael Kirkwood practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecology, and Cardiovascular Disease near Florence, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Edgewood, KY.
See Florence Obstetricians & Gynecologists and Florence Cardiologists.