Dr. Michael Kleerekoper Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Kleerekoper?

Birth Control

Have you seen Dr. Michael Kleerekoper?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

October 17th, 2015

Dr. Kleerekoper abuses his authority and his patients.

My appointment lasted an hour and a half and we never addressed my actual problem. He kept derailing me with inappropriate, degrading, and irrelevant questions and comments, including telling me that I would know if I were having discharge from my breasts (after I told him definitively that I did not) because they would leak when being "played with" during sex. He also- out of nowhere- began wondering if I had scoliosis and had me lift up my skirt and bend over in front of him so he could see the alignment of my spine. This had nothing to do with the reason for my appointment but by that point I was so disoriented that I went along with it. I can't even list all of the egregious improprieties that went on while I was in his office. When I left I sat in my car and cried for ten minutes before I could drive, and I do not cry often. But Dr. Kleerekoper is not only negligent and reckless in his treatment, he is downright abusive. I wish I had taken legal action, but I was too emotionally exhausted. He's sociopathic if not an all-out psychopath. I realize that sounds melodramatic, but hey. Psychos don't just exist in the movies. Consider yourself warned.

January 28th, 2014

He is a quack. Do not go to him. His office help/nurses are even worse!

March 27th, 2013

I Won't Go Back

I left this office crying in utter frustration after my first appt. Dr. Kleerekoper may be a decent person and mean well, and he did ultimately give me scrips and referrals, but I found him extraordinarily difficult to work with. The appt was such an ordeal, in fact, that at one point I considered just getting up and leaving the room. I would have if not for the intern and resident, who seemed to understand how I was feeling and stepped in to help me. Dr. Kleerekoper interrupted me numerous times, often to correct my grammar or word choices. Not, in other words, in pursuit of understanding my medical history or choices more clearly, but to assert his authority. I felt like he misinterpreted my statements repeatedly, and when I tried to correct him, he just doubled down on them. Eventually I gave up saying anything at all, and just gave yes or no answers when asked direct questions. Otherwise, he treated me to a dissertation on HIS losses (it had come up that my father died recently; and it was relevant for medical history), rather than asking how I was coping with mine. When I asked a [reasonable] question about the (well-known!) risks of a medication he was suggesting, he told me it was "bullsh*t" and pulled up an article he'd written on the computer, ordered me to read the first paragraph, then went over his cv for me, that is, listed his positions on medical journals. I cannot speak to his medical knowledge -- he may be the smartest, best informed doctor on the planet -- but in terms of managing my conditions, I will look elsewhere. It may be generational, but I need a doctor who I feel like I can speak to honestly and I will be heard fairly and clearly. I take responsibility for my health, which means I try to ask informed questions, and understand the risks. (Because ultimately, I suffer any side effects and bad consequences, right?) Dr. Kleerkoper even ridiculed me for asking about a follow-up screening suggested to me by my last doc. Again, Dr. Kleerkoper might be right, it might be unnecessary. It's the delivery I object to. Ridiculing that doctor (who I saw for many years and I had great faith in) and especially me, for doing what I was told to do, just doesn't lay the foundation for a good doctor-patient relationship, imo.

February 8th, 2013

Saw Dr. Kleerekoper 6 months ago and walked out of there feeling like I'd just had an appointment with a the AFLAC duck. He only wanted to talk about himself and his family instead of addressing my thyroid issues. I've had problems for 20+years, getting progressively worse, as backed up by numerous tests. He told me I should quit dying my hair and that there wasn't a thing wrong with me! He also told me to stop getting bloodwork done which had previously been ordered on a standing basis to track thyroid issues. Ultrasound had been used to find and diagnose nodules on thryoid for more than a year, yet he claimed they were gone. This office called me in to meet him as my care was being turned over to him, then he dismissed me. Excuse me, but was this really a doctor???

April 17th, 2011

worst doctor ever

March 25th, 2011

Hard doctor to work with

After having diabetes for over 25 yrs. and controlling it very well up to the last couple of years I was looking for a doctor where we could work together to solve my special problems Im having. The doctor is very difficult to talk to without him constantly interrupting you and is very hyper. He is very book smart but is unable to think outside the box. When questioning him about certain things he gets upset very quickly. I was telling him about some of my problems and his reply was life sucks doesnt it, not very professional. The first meeting I had with him he said I definitely had a hearing problem and made a special note to my family doctor about this only to find out that he has a hearing aid and it probably wasnt adjusted properly. When talking to his staff in private they tend to agree with my findings. After meeting with him I leave shaking from being so upset and uncomfortable. He probably is a good doctor for some one that is not having many problems with their diabetes but if you have special problems like I have I cannot recommend him. I gave him 14 months to change but Im now going to see another doctor.

April 2nd, 2010

Dr. Kleerekper knows nothing about hormonal disorders. He only knows about osteoprosis. I was seeing another endocrinologist who left town about a pituitary tumor, of which kleerekper knows nothing, i had to find another doctor and drive 40 minutes to see her.Kleerekoper is not even biard certified!!!

May 16th, 2017