Dr. Robert Koch MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Tarrytown, NY

• Good
  • Bad

November 23rd, 2016
I had a breast reduction surgery with Dr. Koch a few years ago. He was very professional, pleasant and dedicated. He is respectful and gives you space to think whether to opt ot not for the procedure. He is calm and polite. The day after he was back at the hospital to help in anyway he could. The only observation I would make is to clearly discuss with him exactly what you want done, or how much you intend to reduce, and make a note of it. In my case we had a verbal agreement on a reduction of up to 5 pounds due to the big size of my breasts. However the final result differed a great deal from it. I was expecting to have a good 3 pounds removed from both breasts but in the end the real reduction was a bit over 1,5 pounds. The shape of my right nipple was altered after the procedure but that did not bother me as much as the small reduction performed. This was the only unsatisfactory point. He is very good and I am sure it is only a matter of getting it right and in writing..

March 12th, 2014
Teacher
Dr. Koch is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He is incredibly compassionate, caring and so honest. Dr. Koch has great expertise as a plastic surgeon. His staff goes over and beyond to help you. I highly recommend Dr. Koch and his staff.

March 10th, 2014
The Ultimate Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Koch was the ideal man for my breast augmentation surgery. I give him the highest possible recommendation. He chose the perfect size for me, supplied me with the the pertinent medical information I could need in order to make a decision, and then proceeded with the most sensitive bedside manner to give me confidence in the process - from consultation through the healing period. The surgery was uneventful and well coordinated, and I felt completely safe and secure in his professional care. I will forever thank him improving my body with an artistic knowledge of his specialty - don't think twice, book him while he remains available.

January 15th, 2014
When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer and tested positive for the BRCA 1 gene mutation I was distraught about losing my breasts. After my consultation with Dr. Koch I was relieved because of his detailed description of the procedures I would undergo and how confident he was that the outcome would be excellent! Waiting four weeks for the procedure was extremely difficult. During that time I had many conversations with Vonyee, the surgical coordinator. There was no question left unanswered. I felt like there was nothing she wouldn't do for me. At times I spoke with the physicians' assistants Tami, Theresa and Courtney. Each one was extremely compassionate and made sure I was okay before ending the conversation. During any visits to the office, Sam the receptionist always welcomed me with a big smile and always said how happy she was to see me. All of his staff during these visits could not have been nicer. On the day of my double mastectomy I felt confident about everything that was going to happen. Seeing Dr. Koch prior to the procedure made me more comfortable than ever. His reassurance that everything was going to be okay helped me in ways that I cannot put into words. It was truly as if he felt my pain for what was happening to me. His soft-spoken assurance continues to keep me strong today. I have had many visits with Dr. Koch since my surgery. I live in New Jersey so the commute is usually about an hour and a half. Dr. Koch is worth traveling that distance and more. I was given a complimentary facial after surgery with Ashlea. She was beyond fabulous as well. It has been three months since my surgery and the results are AMAZING!!! Although dealing with cancer is horrific, the caring treatment from this group made it more bearable. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Koch to anyone in need of breast reconstruction. I chose to not look at mastectomy pictures prior to surgery, but have looked recently. I am amazed at how lucky I was to find Dr. Koch. It is not easy to see such a difference when looking in the mirror, but it is when you have the results I do.

December 4th, 2013
Comfortable and confident, that's I felt when I decided to use Dr. Koch to help me look my best. I couldn't be happier with my decision. From my initial visit, throughout my procedure and with my follow up visits, Dr. Koch continually gave me the assurance I needed. He is the consummate professional, clear in what is achievable and so easy to talk to. I'm so pleased with the results and I really enjoy the compliments I get. Also, a special thanks to the office staff. They follow Dr. Koch's example, or he's following theirs, either way the entire experience has been great. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

November 19th, 2013
Amazing
I had a great experience with Dr. Koch. I went for many consultations before deciding on this group. Dr. Koch was so thorough and informative during the consultation. He even took notes for me, so I could pay attention. My results were amazing. Better than I anticipated. I would recommend Dr Koch highly, in fact I already have. I am planning another procedure in 6 months and I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on me!

October 22nd, 2013
Surpassed all my hopes
I found Dr. Koch to be tremendously talented in his profession. I am so thrilled with my result after my surgery. Not only is the result amazing but he is such a lovely gentleman, kind, interested and compassionate. Every question I had was answered in a patient and educational manner. He and his staff returned calls, explained procedures, and did whatever it took to create a comfortable, happy environment for me both pre and post operatively. I am a nurse and have known and worked with many different physicians. I must tell you that Dr. Koch stands head and shoulders above any other physician which whom I have had contact. I highly recommend him to you without reservation. He made my procedure well worth the recovery and left me feeling really great about my decision to work with him!

September 27th, 2013
Breast augmentation
This was my third procedure and from the time you walk in to the time you leave the staff are very helpful and courteous and really help you with what best for you and what I was looking for! If you have questions or concerns before and after procedure they're always there for you to answer any questions or concerns I had. I'm very pleased with my results and the doctor is amazing. He's listens to all my concerns I had and really I couldn't of asked for a better doctor. You can tell he treats each and every patient to the best of his ability, he takes work to heart and to perfection. I'm above and beyond happy with my results!!!! Thanks again :)

September 26th, 2013
Exceptional
This doctor was very professional, very knowledgable and understanding. He listened to me and made me feel very comfortable. The staff was also so friendly and helpful. I have nothing negative to say whatsoever. Highly recommend.

August 20th, 2013
Wonderful Experience!!
I came to see Dr. Koch, not really by choice. I was referred by my breast surgeon for breast reconstruction. This was one of the most stressful times in my life. All the stress took a toll on my emotional state. Dr. Koch and his staff were not only compassionate but by far one of the most professional offices I have ever been to. They prepared me with all my options and made themselves available for all of my pre-surgery calls and questions. My result after surgery was fantastic. I am truly grateful to be a patient of Dr. Koch.

October 16th, 2012
Great!
Dr. Koch and his staff are wonderful! They made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process of having surgery. His coordinator Vonyee and his PA Courtney are great! He is very lucky to have such a stellar team. My results are fantastic. New breasts complete. Next on my agenda will be a new tummy!

October 13th, 2012
Wonderful
Great doctor, even better result. What more can I say!