A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Komar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Komar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Komar
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Komar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Komar, FACG, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Komar graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Komar has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Lewistown Hospital
- Shamokin Area Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael J Komar FACG and MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Komar practice?
- Dr. Michael Komar has 5 office locations.
Dr. Michael Komar practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Danville, PA.
Additional practice locations include: State College, PA and Berwick, PA.
See Danville Internists and Danville Gastroenterologists.