A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kooistra:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kooistra is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kooistra, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Kooistra graduated from Indiana University , Indianapolis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Kooistra has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Dekalb Memorial Hospital Inc
- Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Inc
- Community Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kooistra accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Buckeye Community Health Plan - 2 plans
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana - 1 plan
- Humana - 9 plans
- CareSource - 4 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 5 plans
- Ohio Medicaid - 1 plan
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Kooistra practice?
Dr. Michael Kooistra practices Family Medicine near Edgerton, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Angola, IN.
See Edgerton Family Physicians.