A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Koop:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Koop, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Koop graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Koop has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Koop accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Koop practice?
Dr. Michael Koop practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Sugar Land, TX and Angleton, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.