A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Koop:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Koop is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Koop
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Koop Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Koop, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Koop graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio.
Dr. Koop has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Richard Koop MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Michael R. Koop practice?
- Dr. Michael Koop has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Koop practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Sugar Land, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.