Dr. Michael Koriwchak Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Michael Koriwchak?

Great Doctor!

Posted on April 11th, 2017

After losing my Kaiser insurance due to a change in service area, I was at square one in search of a doctor to perform a parathyroidectomy after suffering from primary hyperparathyroidism for 2 years. I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Koriwchak. During my first visit, he immediately put me at ease with his friendly, down to earth bedside manner . Before even meeting with me, he had already reviewed my medical records and assured me "we could get this done". Not only was he able to successfully remove the troublesome parathyroid adenoma causing my disease, but he did so with only a minimal incision and barely a trace of a scar. Recovery time was minimal. I have had dental work that caused me more pain. I am so grateful to Dr. Koriwchak for his help. Not only an extremely skilled head and neck surgeon, Dr. K. is just a very likable, relatable doctor. So glad this is behind me and I owe it all to him. Great doctor! Highly recommend!

Don't waste your time!!!

Posted on November 4th, 2016

About two weeks ago, I called the St. Joe's office location to schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Koriwchak. The appointment was scheduled for yesterday at 8:00am. I left my house around 6am to ensure that I would arrive to my appointment on time. I pre-registered and completed my new patient forms online yesterday. I arrived to the office at about 7:55am. The door was locked. I waited in the building lobby outside of your suite with my husband. During that time there was an elderly couple there that informed us that your office doesn't typically open until 8:30am. I was confused and aggravated as to why I was scheduled at 8:00a.m. A young man unlocked the door at about 8:10am. I went to open the door, and it was locked again. At about 8:15am, I saw a patient walk in the door. My husband and I walked in at that time. I stood in line for a brief moment to wait to check in. The young man at the front desk was very nice and said, "Good Morning, Ma'am. How are you today?". I told him that I wasn't doing well because my appointment was at 8:00am. He asked which doctor I was scheduled with, and asked for my name. He then preceded to tell me that my appointment was at 10:00 (he may have said 10:30, I don't remember). I told him that I was scheduled for 8am, and he was confused and said that Dr. K doesn't start until 8:30. I told him that was what I was told when I scheduled the appointment. He said that in the event that a patient cancels, he will try to get me seen sooner. I told him that I don't anticipate having to wait for two hours for a scheduling error that someone at the office made. I went to one of the computers to complete the check in process and scan my drivers license and insurance card. At 8:50 am, I was called back by one of the medical assistants. When she called me back, she didn't have a chart or computer in front of her. She had a yellow legal pad. On the pad I saw my first initial and last name, and the same for a few other patients. She took my vitals and wrote it on the yellow legal pad. She then left the room to get a laptop. She came back and asked me who referred me to the office. I answered that about three times yesterday when I completed my forms online, and I saw my doctor's information on the computer upon check in. I told her that I was referred by Dr Amatu Rabbi for an abnormal enlarged lymph node gland, and she requested Dr K to do a biopsy. She told me the doctor would be right in. At 9:30am, I was still waiting, without anyone coming in the room to tell me how much longer I would be waiting or anything. At that time, I told my husband that we needed to leave. As we were walking out of the exam room, the medical assistant and I believe two other ladies were in the back office area having a fun conversation. Someone asked us if we needed to check out. I responded, "No, we don't need to check out because we were never seen. We are leaving." My husband was walking behind me and said that as we were walking away he saw the doctor (recognized him from the website), and the medical assistant said to him, "your patient is leaving", to which he responded, " who, them?" He walked behind us the entire time as we were walking towards the lobby, and he NEVER said anything to us. He in fact, called a kid from the lobby back and said, "hey buddy, how you doing?". Dr. Michael Koriwchak came highly recommended by my referring doctor, Dr. Amatu Rabbi and Dr. Silpa Reddy at Atlanta Cancer Care. Both my husband and I took time off of work and made arrangements to be at an appointment, I and wasn't even seen. We are extremely disappointed and will NEVER walk in to any of your practices. NO ONE at your office has the respect or courtesy to even apologize for anything, not even the doctor himself! I work in a very busy multi-office and multi-state medical practice, and I understand that mistakes can happen. If someone would have shown some respect, care or compassion, I would still be aggravated, however I wouldn't be so angry. Your practice, staff and doctors have absolutely no respect for patients or their time. To say that I'm disappointed and disgusted with the way that I was treated is an understatement.

Posted on May 27th, 2016

Excellent doc. He is so dedicated and crosses over his specialty with perfect diagnosis of other specialties. GReat person!

Posted on January 29th, 2016

Dr Koriwchak has no bedside manner-"You are fine" or you are ok is his line. In and out when you do get to see him. I was not fine but he put me off like I was nuts. Won't talk to me over the phone-had a nurse tell me I was fine when I was not. I wholeheartedly do NOT recommend this man. Another Emory otolaryngologist found the correct problem.

Posted on February 18th, 2015

Dr.K is really the best for ENT as far as I am concerned....Yes, I have been to others but I was fortunate to have a doctor who recommended I see Dr. K when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer....I got right in, had surgery within days...have never felt alone and have always had prompt care...Can not imagine ever using anyone else.

Posted on February 8th, 2015

I have been to ten ENT doctors in Atlanta. Dr Koriwchak has a great staff and a top notch surgical facility. He is a caring physician and has worked with me for many years. I trust him completely.

Posted on June 18th, 2013

You will wait for over an hour, with NO apology from this guy. He has no bedside manner. After waiting for over an hour he rushed in and rushed out. You have to beg the staff at the front for information. And sometime gets attitude. Telephone system is horrible, operators need more training in customer service.

Dr. Koriwchak is a brilliant surgeon

Posted on May 25th, 2013

Dr. Koriwchak surgical skills are enormously impressive. I had advanced thyroid cancer. He removed my entire thyroid and around 40 lymph nodes which were affected by the tumor. He "got it all." He did this while leaving the papillary thyroid completely untouched, practically an impossible feat. Also, even though the pet scan reveled the right side of my neck was clear, once Dr. K got in there, he saw that it wasn't. But he was still able to remove malignancies without even leaving an incision over that area. Even though I had an incision from my left ear, down the side of my neck and halfway around the front, after only a month it barely looked like that area had been touched at all. Thank you Dr. K! Eternally grateful

MMM

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

I had my initial consultation with Dr. Koriwchak yesterday and want to share with other potential new patients how very pleased I was with my visit. Dr. Koriwchak was extremely professional but very warm and compassionate in his manner. I'm always very uncomfortable with visits to the dentists' and doctors' office and he put me at ease from minute I met him. His assistant, Jenna, is a lovely young woman...very gentle-natured and very professional, too. I am also extremely pleased with his approach to treating my condition as he is trying to avoid performing unnecessary surgery. I hope my rating helps put him closer to the FOUR STARS he deserves!

Warning!!!!!!!

Posted on December 5th, 2011

Warning!!!! This doctor will make you wait in his waiting room for hours!!

The best doctor for throat problems

Posted on January 22nd, 2011

Saved My Life

Posted on December 11th, 2009

In a nut shell: I had persistant laryngitis for 6 months. I had been to 4 different doctors including an ENT. None could determine why I had the laryngitis. Dr K diagnosed the cancer. I went through radiation therapy and now 4 years later no cancer!The long version:After waiting an extremly long time to see Dr K, he took one look down my throat and said I had a nodule on my vocal cord that he could easily remove. He said I would be unable to speak for 2 weeks after he removed it but things would be fine after that. When I awoke from the surgery, I was met with some good news and some bad news. The good news was I would be able to speak immediately and not have to wait 2 weeks. The bad news was the nodule was cancer; but more good news, this type of cancer was easily treated. I went through radiation which got rid of the cancer but left me with a raspy voice. Occasionally, I will get laryngitis now but the cancer has not reappeared. Everytime I go into for my routine followups, he may be a little behind but never rushes with me and takes the time to answer all my questions.Although at first, I thought he was rushed and abrupt, I have found him to be one of the best doctors I have ever had the good fortune of knowing.He subsequently helped my father with wax blockage of the ear that he had for years and 3 other doctors had tried and failed. Dr. K gave my dad some drops to soften the wax. Two weeks later, Dr. K removed the hugh wax blockage in about 30 seconds. Gosh, could Dad hear better!