A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Koumjian:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Koumjian is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Koumjian
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Koumjian Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Koumjian, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Koumjian graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Koumjian has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Koumjian MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael Koumjian practice?
- Dr. Michael Koumjian has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Koumjian practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near La Mesa, CA.
See La Mesa Cardiothoracic Surgeons.