Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

excellent results show details excellent results
by Stuart Gross on Aug 10th, 2016

I was 67 years old and Dr Kropf did an L4L5 fusion on me. I had avoided the surgery for many years by managing pain. I had heard nothing but nightmare stories about this and other back surgery. I was running out of options. Dr Kropf was recommended by several physicians I trust but i did see other surgeons for opinions. The surgery and recovery went very well and exactly as Dr Kropf had described. I was playing golf in 16 weeks and recovered on to be fully active with no symptoms of the back pain i suffered for almost 20 years. I am now a year and a half out of surgery and completely healthy strong and asymptomatic.

Dec 15th, 2014

Dr. Kropf is one of the least personable surgeons I've ever had. Be aware! He will be friendly in the beginning only to turn into an uncaring once the surgery is completed. He once left me in an examination room for two hours then his assistant, Katie, blamed it on me. He did not fix the bone protrusion of my back, in fact it is worse. His assistant, Katie, told me I only had to have a brace if I wanted to wear one(which seemed odd) then at my post op visit he was upset I wasn't wearing the brace. Get you story straight and don't assume it's always the patients fault that something went wrong. A terribly cold, rigid doctor is what he is and I should know since this was my seventh major surgery and I've seen hundreds of doctors.

First, do no harm. show details First, do no harm.
by Rudolph Nureyev on Mar 27th, 2014

Patients beware. Dr. Kropf left me with permanent, crippling nerve damage in my foot after an L5-S1 fusion. How he got such high marks from other reviewers is a complete puzzlement to me. Perhaps these reviewers didn't also serve time in Cedars Sinai which is h*ll-on-earth if you have to stay there more than 3 days.

so so so disappointed show details so so so disappointed
Jul 5th, 2011

surgery went wrong, terrible staff, never return phone calls. Dr. Kropf not very sure of his own diagnosis and what should be done next. Left office feeling deterred.Please "SHOP AROUND" before choosing his as your final surgeon.does not take responsibility for faulty surgery.

Don't use this doctor show details Don't use this doctor
Feb 9th, 2011

This doctor is the most uncaring, unprofessional doctor. Don't even take your dog to him. If your lucky he will see you 2 hours after your appointment time. Sometimes he leaves the office with people still waiting to see him and uses his worthless PA's to see you. Leaving without even telling you and getting seen by a useless PA is a fraud and malpratice. DON'T GO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!