Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  show details
Dec 15th, 2014

Dr. Kropf is one of the least personable surgeons I've ever had. Be aware! He will be friendly in the beginning only to turn into an uncaring once the surgery is completed. He once left me in an examination room for two hours then his assistant, Katie, blamed it on me. He did not fix the bone protrusion of my back, in fact it is worse. His assistant, Katie, told me I only had to have a brace if I wanted to wear one(which seemed odd) then at my post op visit he was upset I wasn't wearing the brace. Get you story straight and don't assume it's always the patients fault that something went wrong. A terribly cold, rigid doctor is what he is and I should know since this was my seventh major surgery and I've seen hundreds of doctors.

|  First, do no harm.  |  show details
by Rudolph Nureyev on Mar 27th, 2014

Patients beware. Dr. Kropf left me with permanent, crippling nerve damage in my foot after an L5-S1 fusion. How he got such high marks from other reviewers is a complete puzzlement to me. Perhaps these reviewers didn't also serve time in Cedars Sinai which is h*ll-on-earth if you have to stay there more than 3 days.

|  back pain  |  show details
by miguel diaz martinez on Feb 18th, 2014

I NEED APPOIMENT WHIT YOU DR.VAN H.VU, M.D. SEND ME FOR EVALUATION I HAVE HEMORAID I HAVE APROBATION OF MY INSURANCE LIBERTY MUTUAL TEL.1800 2811120 ADJUSTER KELLY CLAIM/I.D. # 648410265 DOI:2/21/2008

|  Thank You Dr. Kropf  |  show details
by Jim S. on Jan 26th, 2014

I selected Dr. Michael Kropf for a second opinion regarding a persistent back problem that continued after back surgery in 2007. My complaint was pain in my left leg that extended from my hip to my ankle and twitching of the muscles in both lower legs. Dr. Kropf confirmed the first surgeon's diagnosis regarding spinal issues (spinal stenosis requiring decompression surgery and fusion of L4/L5/S1). However, because he listened to my complaint of severe hip pain, and his subsequent thorough study of the lumbar x-rays, he discovered that my left hip was severely arthritic, necessitating hip replacement. He ordered a MRI of my hips which confirmed his diagnosis, and has referred me to an excellent hip surgeon. When the hip has healed, I will have the back surgery.

|  Don't go to this doctor!  |  show details
by Pat on May 6th, 2013

I went to Dr Kropf as he was touted by another MD. I had back surgery. It did NOT work. He knew he had a bad pain management MD by Kropf's own admission and used him anyway, needless to say the pain was of a type I never knew existed. Having babies was a breeze in comparison. When I asked Kropf afterwards he shrugged his shoulders. You wait for hours to be seen, I was once forgotten in a room and finally went out to the desk to find all patient rooms empty and the staff at lunch. Wretched, horrible, useless doctor. I should have known I' m a RN BSN

|  You have a BEST friend now here's a BEST doctor !  |  show details
by Pam on Mar 12th, 2013

Dr Kropf was my doctor for 8 1/2 yrs before I finally crawled to him for my surgery. He was patient while I was uncertain about having such a serious and intense procedure. He explained everything to me about the surgery and what I could expect in recovery and the years to come. My surgery was in 2001. I was great until an episode in 2008 that lasted 9 months now in 2011 I knew something was wrong again. I'm looking for Dr Kropf to do what he does best. I trust him. My 1st surgery was very successful & I expect nothing less this next time.

|  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

Really a fantastic surgeon

|  so so so disappointed  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

surgery went wrong, terrible staff, never return phone calls. Dr. Kropf not very sure of his own diagnosis and what should be done next. Left office feeling deterred.Please "SHOP AROUND" before choosing his as your final surgeon.does not take responsibility for faulty surgery.

|  Don't use this doctor  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2011

This doctor is the most uncaring, unprofessional doctor. Don't even take your dog to him. If your lucky he will see you 2 hours after your appointment time. Sometimes he leaves the office with people still waiting to see him and uses his worthless PA's to see you. Leaving without even telling you and getting seen by a useless PA is a fraud and malpratice. DON'T GO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

|  Dr. Kropf: A real doctor  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Dr. Michael Kropf is a genuine doctor. He is brilliant. Dr. Kropf explains everything in a layman's terms (he is not patronizing!) and he listens! Carefully! I have not had my neck surgery yet but 95% of my worries are gone. Not only this, Dr. Kropf's staff are the same and reflect him with their respect, professionalism and KINDNESS. This means much to me- as I clearly know he must also be treating his staff with respect and kindness. One can always tell in a doctor's office these sorts of things. Dr. Kropf is a rare combination of a brilliant surgeon and a decent man.

|  A wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Paez on May 24th, 2010

He is the Best doctor I have ever had, caring, understanding,listen, will always be there when you need him, will always do his best to make you feel better,talk to you, everything that you want a doctor to be,he is also kind. I can't say enough, what a great doctor he is.

|  A brilliant doctor  |  show details
May 12th, 2010

I have had lumbar surgery done by Dr. Kropf. He is wonderful. I have recommended 3 people to him. They had surgery also and are very happy with the outcome. This man has an amazing talent and thats surgery. He is very caring and so is his staff. I had 3 opinions and I made the right decision by having Dr. Kropf do my surgery. He does what is necessary and nothing more.

|  Staff communications are very difficult  |  show details
by A patient in Malibu on Sep 11th, 2009

I have been waiting to receive a return call regarding medicine refills for two weeks. This has all occurred in the 20 days since my last appointment. I've placed four calls and have been only sent to a voice machine where there is never a return call generated. I have asked to leave a message with the doctor himself and have been told that they, the staff, will not leave one. I'm out of meds, in pain and feel quite neglected. I suppose I will revert to the U.S. certified Mail at this point.

|  Lower back  |  show details
by Donna on Jul 27th, 2009

Dr Kropf and his staff are very professional, Dr Kropf, talks to you not at you. He goes through everything step by step. So that you understand whats happening. He's also interested in your input.