Michael Kurisu Is this you?

Have you seen Michael Kurisu?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 16th, 2016

Been having appointments regularly to work jaw alignmjent which is contributing to chronic tinnitus and vertigo issues. Always a plesant visit and one of the few things that affectively triggers a change in how the sounds and balance presents itself. Dr. Kurisu is not responsible for my diagnosis and has no need to follow-up since I see him regularly, but all other categories score the best possible rating.

January 11th, 2015

excellent care. great diagnosis and thorough assessment and follow up. really made a difference with two chronic problems i had. would recommend highly.

February 24th, 2011

How lucky can I get!

Dr. Kurisu is a wonderful holistic doctor, UCSD board certified in Family Medicine & also certified by the American Board of Integrative & Holistic Medicine. He uses both western/alopathic and holistic/complementary approaches to help patients. After decades of working out, hiking & jogging, I have been disabled with chronic pain & IBS for over 2 years. No other clinicians have been able to help me until now. Dr. Kurisu spends as much time with me as I need, thoroughly reviews how I'm doing, answers all my questions, and explains all test results/records with me at his private practice in Sorrento Valley (& he has a practice in Encinitas). He is gentle, compassionate, encouraging, and respectfully partners with me in my health care. Besides his extensive skill and knowledge in all aspects of my care, we work on all the factors that affect my health & sense of well-being (medications, lifestyle, stress & psychosocial issues). Because he believes in a team approach, he asked permission to call all my healthcare providers to make sure everyone got on the same page (can you believe that!) and has been humble enough to refer me out to specialists to make sure all bases are covered. I am slowly improving and getting my life back and am so thankful to have found him. I'd go on & on, but I've gushed enough.

December 8th, 2010

Forget chiropractors! See this guy!

Best experience with a doctor ever! I dislocated a rib earlier this year, and a couple vertebrae were rotated in the process. Dr. Kurisu spoke with me courteously and professionally, listened to my issues, addressed my concerns, and went to work. By the time I was asking what his prognosis was, he said, "We're done." I sat upright and the pain was gone. He told me to come back in a few weeks for a checkup and I did. I had a little bit of soreness in my hip and back, he made a few more (non-violent) adjustments, and off I went. That was over four months ago and I have been pain-free ever since!Thanks Michael!

August 18th, 2010

An intuitive and professional physician

Dr. Kurisu is a fine diagnostician--a rarity--because he listens and observes closely. I feel he appreciates me as a whole entity--and takes time to hear what I think. I have never felt categorized, or that my perceptions are not taken seriously. His manner is very relaxing and confidence-inspiring. You feel as if you are with an old-fashioned family doctor who has cutting edge training. Not only does he listen with respect to what you think with great discernment and curiosity, but he is an expert at listening to the body, every muscle and bone. In just a few months, his expertise and attention to detail have moved me out of long-standing pain and into comfort and optimism. What a good thing that USCD finally has an Osteopath on staff!

June 1st, 2010

I found Dr. Kurisu at UCSD and followed him to his private practice. I am so glad I did because at his private practice he is able to spend quality time with me instead of racing through the allotted time doctors are given at places like UCSD, Scripps, etc. Dr. Kurisu has a great balance between using and recommending alternative approaches to healthcare as well as conventional. He has a private practice located within but separate from the San Diego Cancer Center in Encinitas, CA.

April 6th, 2017