A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Kwan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Kwan, Director, Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program, Texas Transplant Institute; Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kwan
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Kwan, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Kwan graduated from Loyola University Chicago, Maywood. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kwan has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael D Kwan FACC and MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nuclear Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Kwan practice?
- Dr. Michael Kwan has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Kwan practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Nuclear Cardiology near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Internists and San Antonio Cardiologists.