Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Refused to see me to discuss treatment options, then screamed at me. show details Refused to see me to discuss treatment options, then screamed at me.
Aug 27th, 2012

I have been on narcotic pain medications through a pain clinic for three years. Dr. Black had been my doctor for 8 years, as well. He was very familiar with my condition and my pain levels, and when I saw him last, he said he would only prescribe one month of my pain medication, to last until I was able to get to another pain clinic. He actually only gave me two weeks worth of pain medication, and when I ran out, I called and left a message letting him know. I was called back by a woman who told me that Dr. Black would not write any more prescriptions for narcotics, and that he called in a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. Anti-inflammatories are not used for my condition, because it is not an inflammatory problem. After telling the woman this, she called back again to tell me that Dr. Black still refused to give me any other options. After several more phone calls like this, I asked why I could not speak to him myself, so I could discuss my condition and other medication options. I was scheduled an appointment, and when Dr. Black walked in the door, he walked up to me, six inches from my face, and literally started screaming at me. He screamed that he would NOT prescribe narcotics, I needed to stop asking, and he went on for five whole minutes. I have never been so humiliated or berated by someone who is supposed to be caring for me. I started crying, and then he said he would send me a letter dismissing me as a patient. I'm still so upset by this... someone screaming in your face is a horrible thing to go through. I was never able to see him to speak to him about my condition and other options, before he exploded on me and made me feel like trash. Before this, I thought he was a good doctor, but now I would not recommend him to anyone - refusing to even discuss my treatment with me, and instead behaving the way that he did - that is NOT anywhere near the Hippocratic Oath.

Apr 15th, 2011

My husband and I love Dr. Black. My previous dr., I would wait 2 hours just to get into a room, then another 30 mins to see him. Then, he came up with sometime off the wall. I am never in the waiting room at Dr. Black's longer than 10 mins and never in the room longer than 10 mins before he comes in. Then, he takes his time with us, answers all of our questions, wether it's my appointment, mu husband's, or our daughter's. He looks up answers if he is unsure. Dr. Black is a wonderful doctor!

Jul 12th, 2010

My husband & I go to him & Love him. Makes you feel VERY comfortable.