2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Stay away at all cost show details Stay away at all cost
by Super Man on Feb 13th, 2015

Worst doctor I've ever seen .Doctor Fox is not only cocky as he// he's also a a$$hole. If you expect to have a conversation with the doctor you are in for a rude awakening he only likes to hear himself speak and if you tried adding points he'll get super upset so basically if you have any other choice I would stay away from this place and find somewhere else to go anywhere else to go . oh and the wait was over two hours after I got in the room

Value Every Second With Dr. Fox show details Value Every Second With Dr. Fox
by Mona Decaminada on Feb 11th, 2015

I just read the reviews for Dr. Fox and am shocked at the negative things said. I came to Dr. Fox in 2008; I was highly (I mean highly) addicted to Fiorinal with Codeine. I was sicker than a dog, suicidal, and desperate. Over the next few years Dr. Fox (and Coffman) worked with me to deal with migraines without pain medication, as well as my normal cravings, etc. Both physicians took all the time necessary that I needed. Sure, even back then, the waiting time to be called back could be frustrating. But, how many hours upon hours did I spend getting drugs. I think a 30-40 minute wait dulls in comparison to save my life. I recall on one EASTER SUNDAY, I had a migraine so bad I could not function and was minutes from taking my mother's pain medication. I contacted them and Dr. Fox called me in a non-narcotic medication (Imitrex) that ceased my migraine within 20 minutes. I kept apologize for interrupting the doctor's Easter, and in return he just said "please feel better, Happy Easter". Also, I read a lot of whining that these doctors want money. Of course they want paid. Your drug dealer wanted to be paid why shouldn't the men who wanted to save your life? I was able to achieve good sobriety with these guys and am forever indebted to them. If you want to be clean and sober, and you want honesty, these doctors can help YOU save your life. The operative word is YOU. They cannot fix you. NO DOCTOR CAN. They can start you on a path to save your life and will be there for you if you try. Listen to them. Do folks realize that doctors do NOT like to treat addicts. They whine, miss appointments, don't want to pay promptly, are dishonest, and all the behaviors needed to obtain drugs. These doctors have dedicated their lives to help us save ourselves. I suggest you pay as you should, be grateful they are able to get the these guys for treatment, and do what they say. If you want a quick fix, please don't waste their time or yours. There are plenty of others who want to live and will appreciate their help. I am so certain in what I say, that all these years later, I am taking my own son to them to get help for alcoholism. I am grateful for their help and he is too. Who cares about bedside manner. Do you want help or friendship. Your dealer will be your friend all day (as long as you pay). I recall on my first meeting with Dr. Coffman I whined about how hard this was (detoxing). He said "honey, this is the easy part". He was right. Buck up your crappy attitudes and listen and do as they say. I even read one statement that actually said "these guys ruined my life". How asinine. You and your dealer ruined your life. You just want them to fix the problem you created and apparently the way you want. I'd personally rather have the help to recover than babysit my attitude while I detox. These are incredible men who deserve all accolades they received and many many more. Thank you Drs. Fox and Hoffman for starting my path to recovery.

the real deal!!!! show details the real deal!!!!
by Patricia Ann f. on Mar 31st, 2014

When I came to Dr Fox's office, I was in bad shape. Clean for some years but miserable. I was suffering with depression and didn't know it. Dr Fox enlightened me and prescribed counseling. He was extremely patient with me and helped me stay the course to recovery without self medicating which had been a pattern for me. Last month I celebrated 10 yes clean!!! I owe doc's professionalism for this major achievement in my life. I would recommend him to any of my love ones as one who loves me recommended him to me.

NO STARS!! Lied to, Disrespectful dr. & lack of knowledge to tx detox w/ chronic pain . show details NO STARS!! Lied to, Disrespectful dr. & lack of knowledge to tx detox w/ chronic pain .
by RN/sister who was lied to about holistic approach & detox w/ chronic pain on Jan 3rd, 2014

Made several calls for my brother to find a detox program that would provide safe/medical detox from high dose opioid use but NOT have the goal of no medication for pain control of long standing incurable chronic pain condition. Spoke to the clinic receptionist and was assured that their approach was holistic and a plan would be developed that would not leave him in pain. Dr. Fox said he was familiar with the medical condition. My brothers 10 minute appt,--Dr Fox spoke @ him/not to him, DID NOT address chronic pain OR his condition, DEMANDED total detox & WARNED EARLY death was imminent! I was lied to, my brother was not treated respectfully & his condition wasn't discussed... payment is being contested!!!!

Will Never Go to Again show details Will Never Go to Again
by Joe on Mar 25th, 2013

I basically came out of my appointment in tears. I am trying to fight an alcohol problem and was asking him about treatment centers to recommend. Then he basically mocked the fact that the longest period of sobriety I had was 5 weeks. When I was telling him about my depression, he seemed to imply that it was my own fault. Did not even bother to ask about any causes of depression, just told me it would get better if you "finally" stop drinking. A doctor who would treat someone trying to get help like that is despicable.

Oct 11th, 2012

I saw Dr.Michael Fox at Garden City Hospital. I have never in my life seen a doctor so uncaring and non-attentive to patient needs. Not only did not answer my questions, he wouldn't even give me the time to ask them. Bedside manner is atrocious. He must find a new profession! He does NOT care for his patients, lacks any sort of sympathy (very much required for his field). I would never recommend him to anybody! Ever!

run, do not stop ...beware !!!! show details run, do not stop ...beware !!!!
Apr 16th, 2012

He is so rude. Money hungry uneducated quack. I will never go to him again. Actually I had no choice. I went to St. Marys and there he was. Now I don't know why he was even my doctor , because he was saying that after blood work they performed on me ..that he found alcohol in my blood test. Well so what. I'm a 47 yeat old man. And before I came to the hospital I had a asthma attack. A bad one. But I was at home watching trhe playoffs w/ buddies and drank a few beers . Big DEAL!!! Then he said well your an addict ...blah blah blah . And I said WHAT??? are you kidding me, I 'm here for my asthma, NOT drug addiction...It was a joke !!!!

RUINED MY LIFE. show details RUINED MY LIFE.
Apr 1st, 2012

I was desperate. Addicted to opiates as well as battling bipolar disorder. When I found Dr.Fox I thought my problems would be somewhat solved. At first meeting he is charming, personable, and had a dry sense of humor. Looking back, the office was covered in "awards" and "achievements" that Dr.Fox and Dr.Coffman had been credited with over the years. Now is it really necessary to hang every good deed or thank you note they have ever received? To me that is exactly what is wrong with these doctors. They put on this "front" and are themselves, addicts and greedy thieves, banking on sick people. I myself was on Suboxone for over 2 years. I got off of it, it was not easy. Unfortunately,I had an episode due to my bipolar and that's when I lost any ounce of respect I ever had for Dr. Fox. During the bipolar "breakdown" I was taken to St.Mary's Hospital in Livonia. I awoke to Dr.Fox, standing at my bedside directing the nurse to give me Suboxone. I explained that I was no longer taking the drug and never wanted to be on it again. I was in a lot of trouble at the time with the police, and they told me if I did not take it I was not complying with "medical orders". I was literally forced to take the drug and for that reason and back on this awful medication again. I would recommend anyone who is thinking of taking this medication to be extremely cautious. Not only is it important to be cautious about what your getting yourself into, but know who you are getting it from. Dr.Fox and Dr.Coffman do not want you to EVER get off of the drug. If you want to give them every penny you have and more or less let them control your life, they might be the right choice. Otherwise, stay happy and healthy..

The The worst of the WORSTworst of THE WORST !!!!! show details The The worst of the WORSTworst of THE WORST !!!!!
Mar 20th, 2012

This guy should not pratice medicine...and his specialty is ADDICTION medicine. He has an awful bedside manner and lacks communication skills. He is rude,uneducated and huge ego. Is that the kind of doctor you want to confide in??? NO!!!!!! Please do not go to him or his associate Dr. Coffman. I hate even putting a "DR." in front of their name. They do not deserve it. These two are quacks. I'm going to report him. Do yourself a favor and run from this guy. There are so many good doctors out there that deserve our business....but not Dr. Fox !!!!! And if you need suboxene go to Dr. Kewela in Livonia.....there are so many to choose from....

Awful show details Awful
Sep 28th, 2011

This man was incredibly rude. Constantly interrupted and condescended me and spent no longer than 10 minutes with me.I was in St. Mary's in December 2010. If you are seeking medical help with addiction he takes full advantage of your disease and will not listen to anything you have to say. Everyone in St. Mary's was given exactly the same meds and everyone was so doped up they couldn't stay awake for group sessions. Meanwhile, you are paying big bucks for this charade...Finally sought better care for addiction and have been clean/sober for nearly 2 years. Please do not waste your time or money on this guy.

Suboxone Pusher show details Suboxone Pusher
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Fox is a rude "know it all" and has a superior complex. VERY rude and VERY obnoxious. He is not right... obviously he must have been a drug user and now on his own Suboxone to have been an anesthesiologist and now in family practice. Better look up his problems with the Michigan Board of Medicine Licensing Division for past sanctions. Tell him you want to check his urine...he is obviously on something.

Seriously Go to Someone Else show details Seriously Go to Someone Else
by A Former Patient on Mar 9th, 2011

Whoever wrote the "He put me at ease" review, obviously has to be staff from his practice. I have never in my life had a Dr. be so rude to me as Dr. Fox. He refused to let me even talk let alone listen to me. I've recently learned that him and his partner Dr. Coffman got certified as an Addiction Specialist in a 2 week workshop. That is his sole expertise on addiction(aside from possibly being a recovering addict-he seemed coked up to me) apart from being a regular MD. He called me "a very bad girl" multiple times for becoming dependent on prescription meds. BTW both Fox and Coffman run the addiction rehab unit at St. Marys. He really likes to get people with insurance in there to maximize his profits. Brighton Hospital or Maplegrove are much better choices for both inpatient and outpatient, if that is what you need. Please go somewhere else, as I wait for the day he loses his license to practice medicine.

Feb 11th, 2011

Arrogant. Wouldn't listen to what we wanted to say. Don't know why he is the addiction field - I don't think we've ever been treated this poorly before. He needs to find a different field.

he put me at ease show details he put me at ease
Jul 9th, 2010

he listened to me patiently, and diagnosed me. He helped me to figure out my condition and cared. I had a positive experience with his office and his treatment.

Dr. Fox is an A-hole show details Dr. Fox is an A-hole
by Dr. Rate This A-hole on Jul 1st, 2010

The man does not listen. He is an A-hole. Something just is not right about him. I cannot put my finger on it, but something just is not right. He does not listen, he does not care, he treats you like an addict and he is GOD. All he wants is your money. PLAN ON WAITING FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR OR MORE TO BE SEEN WHILE YOU WAIT IN THAT CRAPPY WAITING ROOM WITH A BUNCH OF NASTY FOLKS. BRING SOMETHING GOOD TO READ, BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO TALK A WHILE..... A-HOLE!!

Beware! show details Beware!
Jan 9th, 2010

Dr. Fox refuses to listen to his patients frequently interrupting, saying things like "Don't talk. I'll do the talking." Then makes his diagnosis without you being able to barely explain your situation. He has an egotistal attitude, and will belittle you and make you feel like crap for whatever it is that you have done. He is completely unproffesional and is an insult to addiction specialists.

Be prepared to wait...... show details Be prepared to wait......
by Jay Fisher on Aug 13th, 2009

Overall Dr. Fox is a good doctor. But, be prepared to wait along time in the office. If you're not waiting in the waiting room you WILL be waiting in the exam room. Don't know if it's intentional, but it seems like they always over schedule appointments.--The waiting has caused me to switch doctors.