Addiction Specialists

27550 Joy Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
734-261-3290
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  the real deal!!!!  |  show details
by Patricia Ann f. on Mar 31st, 2014

When I came to Dr Fox's office, I was in bad shape. Clean for some years but miserable. I was suffering with depression and didn't know it. Dr Fox enlightened me and prescribed counseling. He was extremely patient with me and helped me stay the course to recovery without self medicating which had been a pattern for me. Last month I celebrated 10 yes clean!!! I owe doc's professionalism for this major achievement in my life. I would recommend him to any of my love ones as one who loves me recommended him to me.

|  NO STARS!! Lied to, Disrespectful dr. & lack of knowledge to tx detox w/ chronic pain .  |  show details
by RN/sister who was lied to about holistic approach & detox w/ chronic pain on Jan 3rd, 2014

Made several calls for my brother to find a detox program that would provide safe/medical detox from high dose opioid use but NOT have the goal of no medication for pain control of long standing incurable chronic pain condition. Spoke to the clinic receptionist and was assured that their approach was holistic and a plan would be developed that would not leave him in pain. Dr. Fox said he was familiar with the medical condition. My brothers 10 minute appt,--Dr Fox spoke @ him/not to him, DID NOT address chronic pain OR his condition, DEMANDED total detox & WARNED EARLY death was imminent! I was lied to, my brother was not treated respectfully & his condition wasn't discussed... payment is being contested!!!!

|  Will Never Go to Again  |  show details
by Joe on Mar 25th, 2013

I basically came out of my appointment in tears. I am trying to fight an alcohol problem and was asking him about treatment centers to recommend. Then he basically mocked the fact that the longest period of sobriety I had was 5 weeks. When I was telling him about my depression, he seemed to imply that it was my own fault. Did not even bother to ask about any causes of depression, just told me it would get better if you "finally" stop drinking. A doctor who would treat someone trying to get help like that is despicable.

|  show details
Oct 11th, 2012

I saw Dr.Michael Fox at Garden City Hospital. I have never in my life seen a doctor so uncaring and non-attentive to patient needs. Not only did not answer my questions, he wouldn't even give me the time to ask them. Bedside manner is atrocious. He must find a new profession! He does NOT care for his patients, lacks any sort of sympathy (very much required for his field). I would never recommend him to anybody! Ever!

|  run, do not stop ...beware !!!!  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

He is so rude. Money hungry uneducated quack. I will never go to him again. Actually I had no choice. I went to St. Marys and there he was. Now I don't know why he was even my doctor , because he was saying that after blood work they performed on me ..that he found alcohol in my blood test. Well so what. I'm a 47 yeat old man. And before I came to the hospital I had a asthma attack. A bad one. But I was at home watching trhe playoffs w/ buddies and drank a few beers . Big DEAL!!! Then he said well your an addict ...blah blah blah . And I said WHAT??? are you kidding me, I 'm here for my asthma, NOT drug addiction...It was a joke !!!!

|  RUINED MY LIFE.  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2012

I was desperate. Addicted to opiates as well as battling bipolar disorder. When I found Dr.Fox I thought my problems would be somewhat solved. At first meeting he is charming, personable, and had a dry sense of humor. Looking back, the office was covered in "awards" and "achievements" that Dr.Fox and Dr.Coffman had been credited with over the years. Now is it really necessary to hang every good deed or thank you note they have ever received? To me that is exactly what is wrong with these doctors. They put on this "front" and are themselves, addicts and greedy thieves, banking on sick people. I myself was on Suboxone for over 2 years. I got off of it, it was not easy. Unfortunately,I had an episode due to my bipolar and that's when I lost any ounce of respect I ever had for Dr. Fox. During the bipolar "breakdown" I was taken to St.Mary's Hospital in Livonia. I awoke to Dr.Fox, standing at my bedside directing the nurse to give me Suboxone. I explained that I was no longer taking the drug and never wanted to be on it again. I was in a lot of trouble at the time with the police, and they told me if I did not take it I was not complying with "medical orders". I was literally forced to take the drug and for that reason and back on this awful medication again. I would recommend anyone who is thinking of taking this medication to be extremely cautious. Not only is it important to be cautious about what your getting yourself into, but know who you are getting it from. Dr.Fox and Dr.Coffman do not want you to EVER get off of the drug. If you want to give them every penny you have and more or less let them control your life, they might be the right choice. Otherwise, stay happy and healthy..

|  The The worst of the WORSTworst of THE WORST !!!!!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

This guy should not pratice medicine...and his specialty is ADDICTION medicine. He has an awful bedside manner and lacks communication skills. He is rude,uneducated and huge ego. Is that the kind of doctor you want to confide in??? NO!!!!!! Please do not go to him or his associate Dr. Coffman. I hate even putting a "DR." in front of their name. They do not deserve it. These two are quacks. I'm going to report him. Do yourself a favor and run from this guy. There are so many good doctors out there that deserve our business....but not Dr. Fox !!!!! And if you need suboxene go to Dr. Kewela in Livonia.....there are so many to choose from....

|  Awful  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

This man was incredibly rude. Constantly interrupted and condescended me and spent no longer than 10 minutes with me.I was in St. Mary's in December 2010. If you are seeking medical help with addiction he takes full advantage of your disease and will not listen to anything you have to say. Everyone in St. Mary's was given exactly the same meds and everyone was so doped up they couldn't stay awake for group sessions. Meanwhile, you are paying big bucks for this charade...Finally sought better care for addiction and have been clean/sober for nearly 2 years. Please do not waste your time or money on this guy.

|  Suboxone Pusher  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Fox is a rude "know it all" and has a superior complex. VERY rude and VERY obnoxious. He is not right... obviously he must have been a drug user and now on his own Suboxone to have been an anesthesiologist and now in family practice. Better look up his problems with the Michigan Board of Medicine Licensing Division for past sanctions. Tell him you want to check his urine...he is obviously on something.

|  Seriously Go to Someone Else  |  show details
by A Former Patient on Mar 9th, 2011

Whoever wrote the "He put me at ease" review, obviously has to be staff from his practice. I have never in my life had a Dr. be so rude to me as Dr. Fox. He refused to let me even talk let alone listen to me. I've recently learned that him and his partner Dr. Coffman got certified as an Addiction Specialist in a 2 week workshop. That is his sole expertise on addiction(aside from possibly being a recovering addict-he seemed coked up to me) apart from being a regular MD. He called me "a very bad girl" multiple times for becoming dependent on prescription meds. BTW both Fox and Coffman run the addiction rehab unit at St. Marys. He really likes to get people with insurance in there to maximize his profits. Brighton Hospital or Maplegrove are much better choices for both inpatient and outpatient, if that is what you need. Please go somewhere else, as I wait for the day he loses his license to practice medicine.

|  show details
Feb 11th, 2011

Arrogant. Wouldn't listen to what we wanted to say. Don't know why he is the addiction field - I don't think we've ever been treated this poorly before. He needs to find a different field.

|  he put me at ease  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2010

he listened to me patiently, and diagnosed me. He helped me to figure out my condition and cared. I had a positive experience with his office and his treatment.

|  Dr. Fox is an A-hole  |  show details
by Dr. Rate This A-hole on Jul 1st, 2010

The man does not listen. He is an A-hole. Something just is not right about him. I cannot put my finger on it, but something just is not right. He does not listen, he does not care, he treats you like an addict and he is GOD. All he wants is your money. PLAN ON WAITING FOR AT LEAST 1 HOUR OR MORE TO BE SEEN WHILE YOU WAIT IN THAT CRAPPY WAITING ROOM WITH A BUNCH OF NASTY FOLKS. BRING SOMETHING GOOD TO READ, BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO TALK A WHILE..... A-HOLE!!

|  Beware!  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2010

Dr. Fox refuses to listen to his patients frequently interrupting, saying things like "Don't talk. I'll do the talking." Then makes his diagnosis without you being able to barely explain your situation. He has an egotistal attitude, and will belittle you and make you feel like crap for whatever it is that you have done. He is completely unproffesional and is an insult to addiction specialists.

|  Be prepared to wait......  |  show details
by Jay Fisher on Aug 13th, 2009

Overall Dr. Fox is a good doctor. But, be prepared to wait along time in the office. If you're not waiting in the waiting room you WILL be waiting in the exam room. Don't know if it's intentional, but it seems like they always over schedule appointments.--The waiting has caused me to switch doctors.