Dr. Michael Fox DO Patient Reviews

• Addiction Medicine Livonia, MI

3.4

November 12th, 2016
RUDE!!!
Where do I begin? When I first started seeing him last year aside from being a little gruff, he did help me by putting me on Zubsolf (Suboxone essentially just in a different form). Ive had a lot of issues with chronic pain over the years, had back surgery 2 years ago, just a lot of issues. A couple of months ago due to increasing pain, I did relapse I admit. I did go back to see him about 2 weeks ago, told him what happened. He increased my Zubsolf dose. He had me follow up today which I did. Remember I told him what happened. Today he proceeds to tell me I'm not sure were going to be able to treat you anymore because of what you did back in October. I told him "we talked about this 2 weeks ago, I told you what happened, Ive not had anything other than what you prescribed me since" He still goes on about what I did. Its like a dog having an accident and the owner rubbing his nose in it. He just wanted to dwell on it. Also, Ive started to have some issues with my lower extremities swelling after I started the Zubsolf. No other med changes other than adding that. He wanted to hear none of it, says Zubsolf doesn't do that (even though the insert inside the box says a side effect is extremity swelling). Getting the Zubsolf at a pharmacy near where I live has also been hard too. Pharmacist said its not a commonly prescribed med. I asked Dr.Fox about a list that I could look at so I wouldn't have to bounce around from place to place. No, he says, you can go to any pharmacy. You don't understand I said, I went to all the pharmacies near where I live, each one said it had to be special ordered and it would take 3 days. I did eventually find a place. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't just lucky that one time. He then proceeded to tell me "I cant be any more clear" and started to talk about pharmacy shopping, etc. Lord have mercy! Whats wrong with showing me a stupid list so I don't have to worry about having to special order each time?? I just wanted to see a list so I didn't have to waste gas going all over, just wanted to make sure a pharmacy had it in stock! What the heck? When I left I called my husband almost in tears, thinking was it just me? After reading reviews, I realize others have had problems with him too. Has zero bedside manner whatsoever. Rudest doctor Ive encountered in a very long time. Needless to say I will be looking for another doctor that's more compassionate than this guy. My advice to anyone that's reading this, run, don't walk to the next addiction doctor!

October 23rd, 2016
Awedome
He is helping me detox off suboxone which I've taken fur over 10 years. I can't wait to be free of this addiction. He is by far the best addiction doctor I've seen in the 25+ years I've struggled with opiate abuse. Thanks for everything so far and I'm am confident we will suceeed!!!

April 15th, 2016
Stay Away
Absolute Worst Doctor I've Ever Met

April 12th, 2016
Great staff that really cares.

December 22nd, 2015
If you want to be well visit here.

October 25th, 2015
Patients mother
This is by far the worst doctor ever!! I am friends with a woman who dated him years ago. (She didn't date him for long) She said he was heavy into drugs at that time. I took my son to him about 8 yrs ago and he put him on suboxene( worse than opioids to detox from). My son has tried 2x to come off from suboxene with no luck. Every time I took him to Dr Fox he was very condescending. I would not take my relative to Dr Fox or to Dr Coffman. Stay away from St Mary's Livonia.

October 10th, 2015
Very nice, great bed side manor and very friendly staff. MD was very friendly as well

February 11th, 2015
Value Every Second With Dr. Fox
I just read the reviews for Dr. Fox and am shocked at the negative things said. I came to Dr. Fox in 2008; I was highly (I mean highly) addicted to Fiorinal with Codeine. I was sicker than a dog, suicidal, and desperate. Over the next few years Dr. Fox (and Coffman) worked with me to deal with migraines without pain medication, as well as my normal cravings, etc. Both physicians took all the time necessary that I needed. Sure, even back then, the waiting time to be called back could be frustrating. But, how many hours upon hours did I spend getting drugs. I think a 30-40 minute wait dulls in comparison to save my life. I recall on one EASTER SUNDAY, I had a migraine so bad I could not function and was minutes from taking my mother's pain medication. I contacted them and Dr. Fox called me in a non-narcotic medication (Imitrex) that ceased my migraine within 20 minutes. I kept apologize for interrupting the doctor's Easter, and in return he just said "please feel better, Happy Easter". Also, I read a lot of whining that these doctors want money. Of course they want paid. Your drug dealer wanted to be paid why shouldn't the men who wanted to save your life? I was able to achieve good sobriety with these guys and am forever indebted to them. If you want to be clean and sober, and you want honesty, these doctors can help YOU save your life. The operative word is YOU. They cannot fix you. NO DOCTOR CAN. They can start you on a path to save your life and will be there for you if you try. Listen to them. Do folks realize that doctors do NOT like to treat addicts. They whine, miss appointments, don't want to pay promptly, are dishonest, and all the behaviors needed to obtain drugs. These doctors have dedicated their lives to help us save ourselves. I suggest you pay as you should, be grateful they are able to get the these guys for treatment, and do what they say. If you want a quick fix, please don't waste their time or yours. There are plenty of others who want to live and will appreciate their help. I am so certain in what I say, that all these years later, I am taking my own son to them to get help for alcoholism. I am grateful for their help and he is too. Who cares about bedside manner. Do you want help or friendship. Your dealer will be your friend all day (as long as you pay). I recall on my first meeting with Dr. Coffman I whined about how hard this was (detoxing). He said "honey, this is the easy part". He was right. Buck up your crappy attitudes and listen and do as they say. I even read one statement that actually said "these guys ruined my life". How asinine. You and your dealer ruined your life. You just want them to fix the problem you created and apparently the way you want. I'd personally rather have the help to recover than babysit my attitude while I detox. These are incredible men who deserve all accolades they received and many many more. Thank you Drs. Fox and Hoffman for starting my path to recovery.

March 31st, 2014
the real deal!!!!
When I came to Dr Fox's office, I was in bad shape. Clean for some years but miserable. I was suffering with depression and didn't know it. Dr Fox enlightened me and prescribed counseling. He was extremely patient with me and helped me stay the course to recovery without self medicating which had been a pattern for me. Last month I celebrated 10 yes clean!!! I owe doc's professionalism for this major achievement in my life. I would recommend him to any of my love ones as one who loves me recommended him to me.

October 11th, 2012
I saw Dr.Michael Fox at Garden City Hospital. I have never in my life seen a doctor so uncaring and non-attentive to patient needs. Not only did not answer my questions, he wouldn't even give me the time to ask them. Bedside manner is atrocious. He must find a new profession! He does NOT care for his patients, lacks any sort of sympathy (very much required for his field). I would never recommend him to anybody! Ever!

April 16th, 2012
run, do not stop ...beware !!!!
He is so rude. Money hungry uneducated quack. I will never go to him again. Actually I had no choice. I went to St. Marys and there he was. Now I don't know why he was even my doctor , because he was saying that after blood work they performed on me ..that he found alcohol in my blood test. Well so what. I'm a 47 yeat old man. And before I came to the hospital I had a asthma attack. A bad one. But I was at home watching trhe playoffs w/ buddies and drank a few beers . Big DEAL!!! Then he said well your an addict ...blah blah blah . And I said WHAT??? are you kidding me, I 'm here for my asthma, NOT drug addiction...It was a joke !!!!

May 17th, 2011
Suboxone Pusher
Dr. Fox is a rude "know it all" and has a superior complex. VERY rude and VERY obnoxious. He is not right... obviously he must have been a drug user and now on his own Suboxone to have been an anesthesiologist and now in family practice. Better look up his problems with the Michigan Board of Medicine Licensing Division for past sanctions. Tell him you want to check his urine...he is obviously on something.