Pediatric Specialist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Apr 16th, 2012

Here is our experience for the last year with that office.My baby needed an ECHO exam after birth, it was provided at hospital by the partner of Dr.Griffins at the same office. She indicated we need to schedule an appointment after 1 month for follow up. I called to re-schedule my appointment 3 days before the appointment . The lady who answered the phone said it's no problem and there are no fees for re-scheduling only if its within 24hrs of the appointment (after I asked her specifically).Then I received a phone call the day after telling me that they will forgive us for re-scheduling and will not charge us $200 as they were able to "sell" our appointment. I was shocked for hearing the word "sell and that although they told us no fees for re-scheduling. I honestly didnt pay that much attention to that weird call. At my new appointment, when I arrived at the office, I was asked to fill some paperwork .Then the nurse asked for my baby with his mom to go to the exam room to get ready for the Dr.On one paper I had to provide full information for a credit card (including the 3 digit security code on the back of the card!!! As I had already paid the co-pay and they already billed my insurance before.As my Credit card info was stolen before due a similar piece of paperwork. I told the representative I am not comfortable providing this info and if there another way to solve this. The representative replied in an unacceptable way that I can't go to the appointment unless I fill the page then he called the office manager. I asked them to contact my insurance to make sure of the amount that I need to pay. I even pointed that they charged me 1month before so they can check their records of what is needed from me. The office manager bluntly indicated I either fill the required paper or get out because they need such paper to be sure I will pay any extra charges. I again indicated that I am not willing to fill such paperwork and prefer if there is another way. She decided to call the doctor to the front office.At that time the office manager entered the examination room where my baby is and said to the nurse dont start anything and to wait. They left my wife and my child half naked and left the room. After a while my wife had to come to the front desk to see whats taking so long. I waited for the doctor who came after a while and indicated that the CC paperwork is for my convenience, I said I am not continent this way and I prefer to not provide such information on a paper. He now changed the tone that they need this paper to make sure I will pay any extra charges if there was one. I again indicated that I know there are no extra charges on my side and they already billed me before at the hospital appointment so they can confirm my words. He then decided to ask the representative to call their billing manager to check their previous bill and he turned around and stepped out of the room into the backroom while I was talking to him. While waiting for their billing manager to reply, the office manager made a sarcastic comment on us which I didn't reply to. Then after another minute, she came and indicated that I must provide my and my wife's SSN and there was no discussion about that. I asked why they need such information as they already got a copy of my health insurance, in the doctor's presence she said in a load tone so they can track me down if I didn't pay my bill and that I am being Ridiculous. I replied that I don't appreciate being treated as a criminal. And I was shocked of the way that Dr Griffin didnt mind his office manager to speak that way to his patients. Even worse he decided to turn around and indicate I am abusing his staff and I should leave, I mentioned that his office manager is the one calling me "ridiculous" and I would like to reverse my co-pay charge so I can leave. I had to leave the office with my 1month old who had a sever condition. Then I received a bill for $200 for the missed appointment (the one I already rescheduled 3 days before) (although they told me twice that I will not be charged). My insurance is fighting them currently on the fake charge and they even had the nerve to provide a letter to my insurance lying bluntly in it that I refused to fill ANY paperwork or pay anything and I was abusing their staff members. From that letter I learned also why the doctor was very supportive of the office manager abusive behavior as it turned out to be his wife.Bottom line, if you were unlucky enough to see Dr. Griffin or one of his associate at the hospital, for the sake of your child, yourself and your time dont ever think of scheduling an office visit with him. You are better off going to LCPH as I did. Frankly, for a pediatric cardiologist (who sees newborns with heart conditions), a doctor or even a business, he should treat his patients with courtesy.

|  Dr. Griffin is terrific!  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

My son was diagnosed with a heart defect by Dr. Griffin when he was three weeks old. It was a tough thing to hear as a new mom and Dr. Griffin and his staff were fantastic. They worked with us through the surgery and we still see him once a year even though we moved out of the area.

|  Best specialist I've seen  |  show details
by A grateful parent on Apr 15th, 2010

Dr Griffin is the ideal doctor - very competent, reassuring and caring about his patients. I wish they made them all like him.He loves interacting with people (kids *and* parents!) and genuinely has a way with children to make them feel at ease. He's a quiet and no-BS person, very easy to talk to.We've seen him from the time our child was born with a heart defect and are so grateful to have a doctor like him for our precious darling.

|  Dr. Griffin is the BEST!!!  |  show details
by Judy Shaw on Mar 19th, 2010

Not only is Dr. Griffin an incredible cardiologist, he's our favorite doctor overall and by far! My son, Zack absolutely adores Dr. Griffin and it's because of the genuine care and concern he has always been shown. His diagnoses have been very accurate. The staff (Kim & Larry) are also wonderful and helpful. They have been great advocates for Zack in times where he needed surgeries or other procedures. We HIGHLY recommend Dr. Griffin!

Sep 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

My son love Dr. Griffin and his wife Kim. They both are wonderful. Since my son saw Dr. Griffin he refuse to see any other Doctor. He is too old to see Dr. Griffin alreay. Thanks a million for Dr. Griffin who see my son all this year.His is the best docto

Apr 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I loved Dr Griffin. Anybody who can do echocardiograms and chest ultrasounds on two two month old girls in under thirty minutes is tops in my book! He and is staff are wonderful, the office is clean and fun. Was the best doctors appointment we had in thos

May 3rd, 2006 on yahoo.com

LOVE Dr Griffin and his office staff: We have seen Dr Griffin since my son was born and with all the many many doctors we have seen, he is by far our favorite!!