2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
why are you here again? show details why are you here again?
Apr 17th, 2015

Scheduled me for the wrong office, won't call me back after requesting my records, doctor didn't know why I was back for an appointment when it was a one month follow up.

by David G. on Mar 17th, 2015

The doctor is pleasant; however, after waiting for an hour and a half to be seen, he spent about 3 minutes with my son and acted as if he had more pressing matters to attend to. He did not seem to care much about our concerns, he just brushed them off as nothing. Also, they burn candles in the office. I have never experienced this and would think that a doctor's office would be a sterile environment and not burning candles with no regard to patient allergies. We will not return to this physician.

by TKM on Feb 17th, 2015

Do not see this group unless you are very aware of your condition and can be doubly sure of any prescriptions you are written for your condition. Research the medication before having it filled at the pharmacy because if it’s wrong you’re out of luck and the office won’t accept the blame! Seen at their Virginia Beach office, I have been a client of MAD for a number of years for mainly simple things, nothing life threatening (ie cancerous). Feb 3, 2015 I had an appointment and was seen on time. The “nurse” took down the reasons why I was there and wrote it in my chart. Before she left the room, she repeated everything I was there for and I thought it was it. Mind you, they have more P.A’s (Physician’s Assistants) than doctors. I have been passed from P.A. to P.A. because Dr Gross is never available when I’d like to get an appointment (and I am very flexible) The P.A. I was scheduled to see came in, starting chattering away, saying “we can take care of this with this” and we’ll see you in 6 months. Honestly everything was a blur during the 5 minutes she was in there. This is the main reason I didn’t come back to this group for an extended period of time—you are rushed and no one really listens to why you are there. They don’t even ask if there is anything else you might need. In any event, one of my questions didn’t get an answer as the P.A. was out the door so fast. Heck, I didn’t even remember that we had skipped over one of the reasons I had the office visit! My husband had a follow up visit for himself with the same P.A. a week later. I gave him my list that I had carried with me at my appointment and asked him to see if the P.A. would write me a script for a certain lotion that could help me. He talked to her at his visit and she wrote out a script and he brought it home. Now for me, I’m not a medical person so I figure this is the lotion/cream that can help me. I get it filled at the local pharmacy to the tune of $60. Come home and read all the literature about it and IT IS FOR EVERYTHING I DON’T HAVE! Cream was for 3 specific skin issues, none of which I have ever had. What was she thinking??! No one even bothered to pull my chart! So now I am out the $60 and can’t use the product. I called the doctor’s office within an hour of getting the rx filled only to get the standard “I’ll pull your chart and get someone to call you back” answer. This was on Tues 2/3/15. No one called that day. The next day (Wed)I got a call early in the a.m. that I wasn’t able to answer. I called them back as soon as I heard the message. Same answer “I’ll have someone call you back”. No one did. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited one extra day before calling again first thing on Friday 2/6/15. This time someone actually pulled my chart while I was on the phone with them and recited to me what rx’s I have been dispensed over time. THERE WAS NO RECORD OF THIS NEW CREAM I WAS PRESCRIBED!! I told them my husband had gotten the script for me at his visit---maybe it was listed in his chart. “Oh no, it’s not” was the answer I got. I told them I was out $60 for a medication I can’t use because of their mistake and they needed to make it right. The girl asked for the pharmacy I used, which I assume is to get a copy of the script that was written so they’d have a copy. She also said she’d call me back later. Nothing. I called on Monday 2/16 and got someone who I guess was the office manager. She had no record of this script and said she’d have to talk to Dr Gross and that putting a $60 credit on my husband’s account would not be possible. (I don’t want it on mine because I’m never going back to them!) So today is the 16th of Feb and still no word from any of them. $60 may not seem like a lot of money but it is to some. But the main thing is that apparently it’s o.k. to write rx’s that are not what a client needs, keep no record of it and never put the information into the patient chart. Oh, and one of the last things that was said to me on that phone call was “oh, we do injections for that---there’s no prescription that can be written for it, just use the over the counter stuff”. Well, then WHY did I get a script for something that isn’t available????

Feb 7th, 2015

LOVE him, but sometimes refills take a long time

Bring your Patience show details Bring your Patience
Jul 9th, 2013

I have been to this Chesapeake office several times and not once have they seen me at my appointment time. They are consistantly at least 1 hour late and offer little to no excuse. I find them very unprofessional and unconcerned about the patient's time. They offer no resolution to any skin problem. Looking for another more compentent Dermatologist.

Worst dermatologist show details Worst dermatologist
Jun 15th, 2013

Terible doctor, I would avoid him as much as possible. I went to him being almost 99% sure of my diagnosis (based on my pcp and internet). He walked into the room didn't even look at the rash and completely rejected what my PCP told me my rash was. he then told me to buy a cream for my dry face and gave me a coupon and prescription to cream that I didn't even need or want. The product was going to cost me300$, so I just never filled it. Followinf month his office sent me a bill for 150$ because they lost my referral papers and told me it my responsibility to track it down. I saw my PCP again and he sent me to another dermatologist, he immidieatly told me what I have (same diagnosis as my PCP) gave me a cheap generic cream which resolved the rash. I never write reviews for doctors because my father is one but this guy is a glorified sales man and has no medical knowledge.

Dr. Fantastic show details Dr. Fantastic
by Tom c on Jan 18th, 2013

Had psoriasis for 15 years. Have seen 6 other doctors none really helped. Dr. Gross has almost cured me. My psoriasis is in recession and I can now exercise again. Highly recommend dr. Gross and his staff

Jun 7th, 2012

I found the staff and Dr.Gross to be very caring. I have been very satisfied with the procedures that were done to me. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone, I have been seen at the Va.Beach office and also the Chesapeake office and received the same friendly service at each office. Happy patient Mrs. Graham

was only interested in selling product, laser, botox, and restylene show details was only interested in selling product, laser, botox, and restylene
Dec 13th, 2011

I went in for one issue, and ended up with assurance that if I have laser treatments the problem would be resolved. Needless to say it is not. And Dr. Gross barely oversaw the treatments unless I pushed to take note of progress or lack of. I did receive a more experienced Nurse, of which I'm grateful, and of which I PAID for. This of course is an out of pocket expense considered elective and the 10 year problem is still the 10 year problem. His lack of interest in what's best for his patient's is obvious.

Misdiagnosis resulting in two surgeries show details Misdiagnosis resulting in two surgeries
Oct 29th, 2011

Originally made appt with Dr. Gross for a small open cut on my nose that had been there for 3 months. Dr. Gross spent possibly a total of 8 minutes with me but the majority of the time he was talking about a mutual friend. He stood about 30" from me and said he could tell from looking that it wasn't skin cancer and he "froze" it. Then gave me a prescription for puffy eyes (nothing related to what I went there for) which I found out was $94 and never filled.Returned 3 months later because "freezing" the spot on my nose didn't heal it. Saw Dr. Gross again for approximately 8 minutes during which he realized we lived in the same neighborhood and talked about that. Again said he could tell it wasn't skin cancer and gave me a cream to apply to the area. After 3 months of no results I was returning to him for a third appointment when a friend referred another doctor to me. I canceled with Dr. Gross and the other doctor immediately did a biopsy and I did have skin cancer. About 9 months had now passed thanks to Dr. Gross assuring me he could tell from looking at me that it wasn't skin cancer. Luckily, it was basal cell, however, due to the length of time it was there I had to have surgery to remove a majority of the right side of my nose and have a graft from my cheek to cover the area. I had to have a second surgery 9 months later removing cartelidge from behind my ear and skin/fat from my stomach in order to improve the appearance/breathing on that side of my nose. Needless to say, there is a large scar on my nose not to mention the cost out of my pocket for what originally could have been a very minor procedure had Dr. Gross paid more attention to the patient and what they have to say maybe others wouldn't have to go through what I have for what totals about 1 1/2 years now. In the meantime, I have met three other people that had gone to Dr. Gross but had poor experiences. Needless to say, I would never recommend Dr. Gross.

Arrogant show details Arrogant
May 30th, 2011

Without a doubt this man thinks way too much of himself. He performed a minor surgery on me. When he was done which took less than 3 min. he said, "Since I took that off for you, you should have the botox done". I could not believe my ears. Like he had done me some GREAT favor! My insurance paid almost 900 dollars for his 3 minutes of work and that was not enough now he needed money out of my pocket for BOTOX!!!

May 23rd, 2011

VERY CARING OFFICE, DR GROSS AND STAFF VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. SPENT THE TIME AND ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS FULLY. WILL TELL ANYONE THAT ASKS, YES FOR REFERRING THIS OFFICE

Jan 11th, 2011

I think Dr. Gross is awesome. He gave me plenty of options for ways of removing my scar. Everytime, I come for a follow-up I can see dramatic results. Him and the PA's have all been very friendly towards me. He has really helped me through a tough time of feeling ugly because of the scar I had on my face. I would definitely recommend him to other people.

Oct 29th, 2010

Visited Dr. Gross multiple times over the course of 4 months and still misdiagnosed. Had a lot discomfort during my time with him. Dr. Gross just did not spend the time in order to understand what was going on.Had to go to a new doctor to get proper treatment after months of discomfort. new doctor diagnosed properly with a simple test.

by Christina on Aug 3rd, 2009

I am now asked if I would like to see him or a PA. It is always your choice. Dr Gross and his staff is very caring and if we do se a PA they are always willing to step and and get him if we have additional questions. We are very pleased with this office! Thank you.

thorough exams show details thorough exams
by Lmasters21 on Jun 1st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Gross provides a thorough exam and knows exactly what to prescribe. He is accessible and returns phone calls when necessary

Read Full Review at kudzu.com