2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Carolyn Padrick on Jul 20th, 2016

He has been my Dr. for over 20 years & I have recommended him to many people who also think highly of him.

May 20th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Gross for several years, and find him to be an excellent doctor. My only complaint is the same of some of the other reviews...there is no regard for your time. Because I am keep "cooling my heels" in the waiting room so long, I'm going to seek another doctor.

Mar 2nd, 2016

In the 8 years that I went to Dr. Gross' office, I only saw him twice. His Physician Assistants are excellent, though, and I was well cared for.

Jan 13th, 2016

I had no issues with Dr. Gross. I was seen promptly and given a thorough examination, complete with pictures and diagnoses. It was up to me to schedule a follow up as this was an elective procedure.

Sep 28th, 2015

Horrible! Plan on spending your whole afternoon in the waiting room!

Takes time. You're already worst when you see the Doctor. show details Takes time. You're already worst when you see the Doctor.
Sep 10th, 2015

Staff are rude and no manners. Dr. Gross doesn't care to take your time. Waiting took almost 2 hours. Scheduling an appointment takes 1.5 months. Renewing prescription takes 3 weeks to sign.

why are you here again? show details why are you here again?
Apr 17th, 2015

Scheduled me for the wrong office, won't call me back after requesting my records, doctor didn't know why I was back for an appointment when it was a one month follow up.

by David G. on Mar 17th, 2015

The doctor is pleasant; however, after waiting for an hour and a half to be seen, he spent about 3 minutes with my son and acted as if he had more pressing matters to attend to. He did not seem to care much about our concerns, he just brushed them off as nothing. Also, they burn candles in the office. I have never experienced this and would think that a doctor's office would be a sterile environment and not burning candles with no regard to patient allergies. We will not return to this physician.

Feb 7th, 2015

LOVE him, but sometimes refills take a long time

Bring your Patience show details Bring your Patience
Jul 9th, 2013

I have been to this Chesapeake office several times and not once have they seen me at my appointment time. They are consistantly at least 1 hour late and offer little to no excuse. I find them very unprofessional and unconcerned about the patient's time. They offer no resolution to any skin problem. Looking for another more compentent Dermatologist.

Worst dermatologist show details Worst dermatologist
Jun 15th, 2013

Terible doctor, I would avoid him as much as possible. I went to him being almost 99% sure of my diagnosis (based on my pcp and internet). He walked into the room didn't even look at the rash and completely rejected what my PCP told me my rash was. he then told me to buy a cream for my dry face and gave me a coupon and prescription to cream that I didn't even need or want. The product was going to cost me300$, so I just never filled it. Followinf month his office sent me a bill for 150$ because they lost my referral papers and told me it my responsibility to track it down. I saw my PCP again and he sent me to another dermatologist, he immidieatly told me what I have (same diagnosis as my PCP) gave me a cheap generic cream which resolved the rash. I never write reviews for doctors because my father is one but this guy is a glorified sales man and has no medical knowledge.

Dr. Fantastic show details Dr. Fantastic
by Tom c on Jan 18th, 2013

Had psoriasis for 15 years. Have seen 6 other doctors none really helped. Dr. Gross has almost cured me. My psoriasis is in recession and I can now exercise again. Highly recommend dr. Gross and his staff

was only interested in selling product, laser, botox, and restylene show details was only interested in selling product, laser, botox, and restylene
Dec 13th, 2011

I went in for one issue, and ended up with assurance that if I have laser treatments the problem would be resolved. Needless to say it is not. And Dr. Gross barely oversaw the treatments unless I pushed to take note of progress or lack of. I did receive a more experienced Nurse, of which I'm grateful, and of which I PAID for. This of course is an out of pocket expense considered elective and the 10 year problem is still the 10 year problem. His lack of interest in what's best for his patient's is obvious.

Misdiagnosis resulting in two surgeries show details Misdiagnosis resulting in two surgeries
Oct 29th, 2011

Originally made appt with Dr. Gross for a small open cut on my nose that had been there for 3 months. Dr. Gross spent possibly a total of 8 minutes with me but the majority of the time he was talking about a mutual friend. He stood about 30" from me and said he could tell from looking that it wasn't skin cancer and he "froze" it. Then gave me a prescription for puffy eyes (nothing related to what I went there for) which I found out was $94 and never filled.Returned 3 months later because "freezing" the spot on my nose didn't heal it. Saw Dr. Gross again for approximately 8 minutes during which he realized we lived in the same neighborhood and talked about that. Again said he could tell it wasn't skin cancer and gave me a cream to apply to the area. After 3 months of no results I was returning to him for a third appointment when a friend referred another doctor to me. I canceled with Dr. Gross and the other doctor immediately did a biopsy and I did have skin cancer. About 9 months had now passed thanks to Dr. Gross assuring me he could tell from looking at me that it wasn't skin cancer. Luckily, it was basal cell, however, due to the length of time it was there I had to have surgery to remove a majority of the right side of my nose and have a graft from my cheek to cover the area. I had to have a second surgery 9 months later removing cartelidge from behind my ear and skin/fat from my stomach in order to improve the appearance/breathing on that side of my nose. Needless to say, there is a large scar on my nose not to mention the cost out of my pocket for what originally could have been a very minor procedure had Dr. Gross paid more attention to the patient and what they have to say maybe others wouldn't have to go through what I have for what totals about 1 1/2 years now. In the meantime, I have met three other people that had gone to Dr. Gross but had poor experiences. Needless to say, I would never recommend Dr. Gross.

Arrogant show details Arrogant
May 30th, 2011

Without a doubt this man thinks way too much of himself. He performed a minor surgery on me. When he was done which took less than 3 min. he said, "Since I took that off for you, you should have the botox done". I could not believe my ears. Like he had done me some GREAT favor! My insurance paid almost 900 dollars for his 3 minutes of work and that was not enough now he needed money out of my pocket for BOTOX!!!

May 23rd, 2011

VERY CARING OFFICE, DR GROSS AND STAFF VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. SPENT THE TIME AND ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS FULLY. WILL TELL ANYONE THAT ASKS, YES FOR REFERRING THIS OFFICE

Jan 11th, 2011

I think Dr. Gross is awesome. He gave me plenty of options for ways of removing my scar. Everytime, I come for a follow-up I can see dramatic results. Him and the PA's have all been very friendly towards me. He has really helped me through a tough time of feeling ugly because of the scar I had on my face. I would definitely recommend him to other people.

Oct 29th, 2010

Visited Dr. Gross multiple times over the course of 4 months and still misdiagnosed. Had a lot discomfort during my time with him. Dr. Gross just did not spend the time in order to understand what was going on.Had to go to a new doctor to get proper treatment after months of discomfort. new doctor diagnosed properly with a simple test.

by Christina on Aug 3rd, 2009

I am now asked if I would like to see him or a PA. It is always your choice. Dr Gross and his staff is very caring and if we do se a PA they are always willing to step and and get him if we have additional questions. We are very pleased with this office! Thank you.