Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist

Raul G. Martinez, M.D. - Consultants In Pain Medicine
423 Treeline Park
San Antonio, TX 78209
210-546-1450
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  Caring, Trustworthy and very knowledgeable.  |  show details
by Julie K. on Aug 29th, 2014

Dr. Michael Murphy has been my chronic pain doctor for 10 years. He is a very good doctor. He takes time with his patients to listen to all their symptoms. He has strict regulations about his prescribing of medications so if you are looking for someone to just write a script for you then he is not the doctor for you but if you really want to get your life back and have pain relief then he is the best. His staff is very compassionate and knowledgeable. I have seen him at different office locations and they are all clean and well maintained. I have referred many freinds and family to Dr. Murphy and he has always been helpful.

|  Praise for Dr. Mike Murphy  |  show details
by Carol Malone on Aug 14th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mike Murphy for 18 years. I have Lupus and severe osteoporosis. He has been there throughout my whole illness and helped with the severe pain that my condition has caused. Dr. Murphy works to alleviate the pain or to make it tolerable choosing the best or least evasive procedure to start with. He is a very compassionate man and my husband and I feel very fortunate to have as our doctor. His entire staff is the very best and extremely caring.

|  Just say "NO" to Dr Michael L. Murphy's procedures ?  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2014

I can't believe he has a "satisfactory" rating, unless his staff provided the info ? His staff's overall attitude is quite unprofessional. Please research prior to selecting this CIPM doctor.He's in the wrong profession.He doesn't have a clue how to conduct himself with people,especially with seniors.Doesn't practice any patience or cares except to drain your ins, as long as possible.Report him to the appropriate agency...medical board is next / legal council ? ?

|  There Otta Be A Law!!!!!  |  show details
by D Garza on Oct 2nd, 2013

I saw the Murphy brothers in 2002. It looks like they have not changed. During an injection (Wednesday) he asked me if I needed refills, I said yes. He said to call tomorrow and it would be ready. It was not. It was not ready the next day either. The weekend came and I had the answering service contact him. HE WAS VERY MAD. He yelled at me telling me he was NOT GOING to refill, because "I" should have asked sooner. He did not listen to me at all. He left me in God awful pain! On Monday my wife took the day off and drove me (lying in agony in the back seat) looking for a different pain doctor. These Pain Doctors do not know the horrible pain THEY can cause. That was completely unnecessary.

|  Poor Bedside Manner, Filthy Clinic  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Unfortunately, due to my circumstances, my care has to be with this group of physicians. However, I am only rating this one because I have not met the other doctors yet. My very first impression is that he is only in it for the money. The first time I met him, he was dressed in blue jeans to do a sterile procedure (epidural spinal injection to my cervical spine) on me. The clinic smelled like it was an old animal hospital. I was not given any discharge instructions ie: take anti-imflammatory for pain, ice, rest, call for any problems. While in "recovery" I was still coming out of the anesthesia and very groggy. I was handed my clothes and told to get dressed. They had unhooked my bra and had to get it hooked by myself, in my drugged state. The whole situation was uncomfortable, both physically and emotionally. My second injection, I walked in the door and the stinch was enough to knock you to the floor. It smelled like a dead animal. Guess what? IT WAS!!! They found dead rats in the attic space. Needless to say, I am having one of his partners do my next injection. I don't trust him and he makes you feel significant and that your health is not important. Only your money. Or in my case, the attorney's money. When I tried to convey my concerns to him, he made it sound like this is the way it is. Like it or lump it. I would never recommend this doctor. If you have a choice for your care, think twice before seeing him.

|  sandan  |  show details
by sandan on Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr Murphy himself was a very congenial caring person during my wife's initial visit during which time the doctor prescribed pain medication, later denided by his staff who said that my wife and I had never been there in the first place.I consider the actions of Dr Murphy, in not checking on his staff,to be irresponsible, much like other doctors in his group.Use extreme care when thinking about doctors like him, he might hurt you!

|  he just wants the money  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I get impression he is in the office not to help people get better but to hit their insurance for a visit and how important a Lumbar Inj is. To this day those Lumbar punctures do nothing for my legs. NoTHING! But am told how important they are!He is intimidating to Pt. Doesn't care that you have pain or not.Just so he doesnt have this pain he questions you on having. Guess he wants to see how long it will take before a person cuts off their leg or arm caused by pain that he refuses to accept it is. Or the first suicide caused by uncontrolled pain. I speak for myself and what I see. Pretends to increase many patients pumps when all he does is clear the settings on machine, apply it to the pump so Pt thinks he is increasing it when in fact he moved NOTHING, leaving you to endure the unbearable pain associated with our illnesses. How sad is that!

|  Unacceptable Doctor  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2010

Mr.(Dr.) Murphy failed to review my chart. He was unaware of a blood pressure issue minutes prior to a procedure. His nurse had to correct him and hand him the correct chart.His patient procedure information was incorrect, according to his staff. The recovery period is stated as 12 - 24 hours. When I called to question ongoing spasms, I was told that 72 hours was actually the correct estimated recovery time. I then requested a note detailing this, as I had estimated work absence based on the printed 1 day recovery time.I was told that Murphy would not issue a doctors note and that I should have planned better.He and his staff are irresponsible and dangerous.