A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Sands, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Medical Microbiology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Sands has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Shands Jacksonville
- Associate Professor, Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Lee Sands MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Medical Microbiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael L. Sands practice?
- Dr. Michael Sands has 2 office locations.
Dr. Michael Sands practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Medical Microbiology near Jacksonville, FL.
See Jacksonville Internists, Jacksonville Infectious Disease Doctors, and Jacksonville Pathologists.