A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Scharf:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Scharf is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Scharf, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Scharf graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Scharf has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Southern Ocean County Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Scharf accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael L. Scharf practice?
Dr. Michael Scharf practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Browns Mills, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Browns Mills Internists, Browns Mills Critical Care Practitioners, and Browns Mills Pulmonologists.