Dr. Michael Tran MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

April 24th, 2017
Great Doctor with tons of experience!
Dr Tran is one of the finest Doctors that I have ever been treated by! He is compassionate and caring and he knows chronic pain!! Thank you for years of great treatment!!

December 17th, 2016
The Kindest

November 13th, 2016
Dr Tran is an average physician at best.

December 29th, 2015
Excellent doctor
I would highly recommend Dr. Tran Compassionate dr who Cares about how you feel

September 6th, 2015
Dr Tran is a very warm compassionate doctor. I suffer from severe needle phobia and he made my procedure very easy. Thank you Dr Tran

November 29th, 2014
patient
I have been seeing Dr Tran for 6 years and he is so kind and really talks to me about what I should be doing about my pain. I get injections which he does with the greatest expertise. I never am uncomfortable and come out of the procedure with a smile on my face. The staff are always friendly and make sure all paperwork is done promptly. Only downside is that he is so good that his patient load is too large. Coming from a family of doctors, at some point you have to not take on more patients but it would be such a hard thing to do when you want to help people live without or little pain as possible. Thank you Dr. Tran

May 23rd, 2014
wait time
Never have had to wait to see Doctor, Spends time to ask if changes or new problems.

December 2nd, 2013
great MD if you can wait 3 months for pain relief
Julie Alvarez (claims manager) never responds to phone calls, emails or faxes (literally never). I get an appt for an epidural or injection (which takes a month to schedule) then they call three days before my appt.( all the while I am in excruciating pain and unable to work) and cancel it because the office never sent the paperwork to get authorization for the procedure. Then they reschedule it for another month away and pretend that they will get the authorization this time, and they blame it on the insurance co. that has also called, faxed and emailed and received no response. I call day after day, and still nothing is done. I called to get a same day emergency appt as I couldn't wait any longer, was barely able to walk and in horrible pain and needed a note for work. They said the first available appt with the nurse practitioner (who is not very good and prescribes things that the pharmacist said were absolutely not safe) would take 7 days, weeks longer to see the doctor. currently looking for another MD. your doctor is only as good as the weakest member of their staff, which is very poor. Stay Away!!!

October 22nd, 2013
Patient Advocate
Having worked in managed health care for many years, I find Dr. Tran and his staff personable and compassionate. I have always been treated kindly, never felt rushed, and trust him completely. I have RSD, and it is quite tricky to treat. I have had many office appointments and never felt that I was ignored or waited an unreasonable amount of time. I have had 5 ganglion blocks, I always felt cared for and confident in Dr. Tran's skills. We are still exploring other treatment options and I feel that the doctor and his staff are supportive in finding the best way to treat my condition. I am very happy with my care at Dr. Tran's practice. The office is very busy and sometimes referrals take a little time, but I always feel that the office will navigate the system, which we all know can be time consuming and complicated; together we will get done whatever paperwork needs to get done so that my condition can be successfully managed. I would like to add that my phone calls are handled well and if I need to be called back, i receive a call back quite promptly. Well, there you have it, I am a true fan of Dr.Tran and his staff. I have seen Dr. Tran many times, and have had appointments with Kathy, his Nurse Practitioner, I am very happy with the genuine concern and care I receive from both of them.

August 29th, 2013
Going to lunch is more important than the patient.
I went in to Dr.Tran to have an epidural shot to relieve the intense pain in my back and legs. A nurse immediately took me into a room and inserted an IV into my arm. She informed me I would have to wait a little while because there were two people in front of me. After about an hour the nurse came in and took the IV bag and had me stand up to be ready to move into the room where the injections were done. Instead, the medical staff went to lunch and I was left alone with an IV in my arm with no instructions about what was going on for at least another hour. I was finally taken in to prep for the shot, but there was still no Dr. Tran. He finally breezed in without acknowledging me or asking about my symptoms. The shot did seem to go well, but I am still in pain. Also, before I was scheduled for the epidural I was seen by Tran's nurse practitioner, who recommended a facet joint shot, but before I went in for the injection I saw my orthopedist and he prescribed an epidural, I had a facet injection from Tran before and it did not help. If I had not been proactive I probably would have been given the wrong type of injection again Tran is running a huge practice with lots of patients. I recommend going to a different pain doctor, I plan to.

January 25th, 2013
Strangely I have not met Dr Tran! My first appointment was with the biggest jerk MD who told me four nasty racial jokes (i went elsewhere with that experience). Bit, I heard a new MD joined the practice so I requested to see him. I saw the second doctor three times then he, too, was gone. To my surprise at visit #4 a new MD who had been working for work-comp fraud cases (from Chico CA) was now my surprising new MD. He asked ME the patient, why the previous MD left--well, he was a goog MD is all I could say. He told me Dr Tran invited him for dinner and complained that his case liad was soooo overwhelming, so this long-haired MD said he would help. I hear after 4 months he is still there. Nurse PA's leave thru a circular door. Something is amiss in this office in general. So, does Dr. Tran actually exist?? Beware! What a strange place.

August 1st, 2012
Compassionate, caring, competent!
I was referred to Dr. Tran and his associates for a workers comp injury and found his care to go above and beyond. My procedure went very well and the follow up care by his associates was great. I hope to be able to go back to work soon and have found my experience with the staff and providers here to be excellent! Keep up the good work Dr. T!