Dr. Michael Weiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 29th, 2015
Dr Weiss has been an incredible influence on my overall health. His no nonsense approach suits my

September 11th, 2015
A doctor that cares
I've been going to Dr. Weiss for a very long time, and he actually cares about all of his patients, and makes them feel really comfortable, and will tell you how it is. I moved to Michigan a while back, and when I needed to go to a doctor, I was more than happy to make that 5 hour drive one way to see him. Everyone else in his practice is also friendly, and are quick to resolve any issues you may have. If he was to ever retire, I dunno what I would do!

August 29th, 2015
Excellent physician. Came in with horrible headache, within a few minutes decided I needed to see an ophthalmologist. He made this happen immediately. 45 minutes later I was seen at northwest eye surgeons problem resolved.

June 20th, 2015
Not Good
I drove my adult child there for an initial visit. My child was called and I remained in the waiting (I was the only one in the waiting room at that time) about 10 mins passed when a female staff member came from the back with a blood pressure cuff on her wrist and carrying an open laptop. She looked at me then went up to the window and said something to the woman sitting there, then she placed the laptop on her shoulder in an attempt to hide her face but I could still see the side of her face. She was telling this other woman something and then they both started laughing then a male staff member came they told him then he laughed and looked at me. I felt as if they were either laughing at me or my child. The behavior was not professional and was rude. I was called back to talk to the doctor regarding my child and I felt as if he did not care what I had to say. How can a doctor inject a person with hormones on a first initial visit and you do not have this person medical history and have not ran any test yourself? If it was not for my health insurance my child would have never been seen. I would not refer anyone to this practice, if the staff is allowed to be rude what does that say for the doctor.

November 26th, 2012
Excellent care and kindness. I highly reccomend them.
Excellent care and kindness. Highly reccomend them.

August 5th, 2012
Great coomunication skills and makes you feel relaxed and able to say anything during the exam.

June 12th, 2012
DR WEISS, IS ONE DR YOU CAN TALK TO WITHOUT ANY RESVERATIONS, HE LISTENS AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS, A WOUNDERFUL DR..

September 15th, 2011
The Best
I have used Dr. Weiss since May of 1991 and have never had a negative experience. I trust him totally and completely on every level. He is exceptionally kind, extremely knowledgeable, a rare individual. He is open to discussing your concerns even when you're questioning what he feels is the right treatment and over the years I have found that to be a very unusual trait in doctors. When he is meeting with you there is never the feeling that he has limited time - you feel like he would sit there for an hour if you needed him to - I have never felt rushed during an appointment. My mother visited recently from Texas and needed medical attention for pain - Dr. Weiss saw her immediately and diganosed her quickly and accurately, but even more impressive to her at 83, he was the first doctor she had seen in years that didn't dismiss her pain as "what do you expect at your age?" but wanted to know what it was and make it go away - which he did. I can't imagine using anyone else and recommend him to anyone I know that is looking for a physician.

March 28th, 2011
Dr. Michael Weiss
Great Doctor!Personable and direct with diplomacy. Explains the diagnosis in an educating way.He has a great sense of humor when you approach him with humor.He is a true professional with a smile!

January 31st, 2011
Exceptional in Everyway!!
I have been seeing Dr Weiss for the last 19 years and have nothing but wonderful things to say about his professionalism, bedside manner, and overall skill in diagnosis. He is also fully aware of his limitations and will get you into see the right specialist asap for further treatment.

August 4th, 2010
Scary
Horrific experience with staff and major Hippa violations. People talking about everyone else in the back was clearly heard. I am changing doctors. I am so disappointed with the way I was brushed off. And a dog runs around the office, too!

January 25th, 2010
Dr Weiss has in-depth knowledge and obviously is a personally caring individual. But his practice' panel size is over subscribed [too many patients], and they seem to have a lot of clerical staff. For most routine visits the actual time you get with Dr Weiss is 3-7 minutes. I'm sure other practices suffer from the same problem perhaps brought on my minimal medicare reimbursements. I don't bother to call unless its really serious. I stay with him because he is very knowledgeable and when you do get some time with him, its well worth it.