A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Lara is Good. Dr. Lara has been reviewed by 11 patients who have provided 7 comments. The rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Lara, MD is board certified in Surgery.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Gastric Bypass Gastrojejunostomy, Gastric Bypass Gastrojejunostomy, and Laproscopic Surgery Laparoscopy.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Lara graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Lara has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Del Sol Medical Center
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center., Inc.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lara accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Presbyterian Health Plan - 9 plans
- Lovelace Health Plan - 10 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Medicare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Michael Lara:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Lara practice?
Dr. Michael Lara practices Surgery near El Paso, TX.
See El Paso Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Miguel Lara, Dr. Mitch Lara, Dr. Myles Lara, Dr. Michal Lara, Dr. Mickey Lara, Dr. Miles Lara