Dr. Michael Lauffenburger MD Patient Reviews

4.8

April 20th, 2014
Don't give up , until you see this doctor!!
I came home from work one evening and finally got to sit down but I couldn't get up, my knee was actually locked in place. It scared us to death and my husband called 911 and the doctor at the hospital ordered 1 x-ray saw nothing and sent me home 'unable to walk' with orders to see an orthopedist ASAP. I saw my regular doctor next, he treated the pain and gave me a referral to an orthopedist in High Point, this doctor tried to draw fluid off my knee because it was so swollen, there wasn't any fluid and my screams could be heard for miles. I went home again with no relief and feeling terribly defeated, a friend suggested Dr. Lauffenburger in Winston Salem. I got another referral and this doctor didn't just look, squeeze and x-ray he sent me for an MRI and it turned out I had broken bone all in my knee joint and needed surgery immediately. Months of pain, unable to walk and torturous doctor visits and finally an answer from Dr. Laffenburger, he did surgery right away and I immediately felt relief! Dr. Lauffenburger didn't just see me as a big girl with typical knee trouble for an obese person, as I feel the emergency room physician did and also the first orthopedist I saw (shame on them) , he looked at my knee as he would for anyone. He's not just smart and well educated he is kind and thorough, all his staff are wonderful as well. I'm so glad I found him, don't give up! No matter your size, age or race, you deserve a doctor that will do their best, and I found one, Dr. Lauffenburger! I'm so thankful someone told me about him and now you know too.

October 2nd, 2013
Stay @ Home Mom
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Lauffenburger. His bedside manner and surgeon skills are impeccable. He truly cares and makes you feel like you are his only patient. He knows just what to ask to get to the root of the problem. I've never had to wait very long to see him and he takes enough time to discuss my concerns and offers caring advice. I recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic consultation. His staff are highly professional, organized and friendly. Although dealing with difficult pain, I can't imagine a better experience .

February 22nd, 2013
Dr. Lauffenburger and the entire staff are a pleasure to visit. His professionalism and friendly attitude are like not other physician I have seen. Thank you for your exceptional work.