inactive

Michael A Laurie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 9th, 2015
Very, very good about referrels: if you need one, Dr Laurie won't hesitate to give you one..

January 20th, 2015
So Not Impressed
I would not recommend this doctor. I also ended up in the ER and the hospital because, after 2 visits, he could not find my diverticulitis. I have never had a doctor ask me what I want them to do. Who does that? YOU are supposed to tell ME! He also asks if I want blood work done. uh....for what? Is there a reason I need blood work? Where I left no stars on this review means the scale didn't go low enough.

May 1st, 2013
Great Doctor
Very friendly, understanding and professional. I've unfortunately seen many doctors over the last few years and this was one of the best visits I have had. I am writing this review as I am aware that only unhappy people write reviews and typically will write several as if they are different people. Please disregard the negative reviews under Dr Laurie as they are probably the same person and more than likely the kind of patient that is a nightmare for any physician to deal with. My experience was fantastic and I would recommend my family to him.

December 2nd, 2011
Difficult to communicate with.

May 16th, 2011
I will never recommend this doctor to ANYONE! Ever!
Setting aside his poor interaction/"bedside manner" and not spending enough time (or interest in my concerns) the primary complaint I have with this doctor is the medical negligence he displayed when I was seen at least 3 times because of progressive shortness of breath and severe pain when coughing/shortness of breath.He prescribed albuterol (!!) and an antibiotic (!!) for what was a pulmonary embolism in all four lobes of lungs and for which I wound up in the ER for diagnosis. I could have easily died if I hadn't sent myself to the ER via ambulance, so the ER docs said.I could go on but enough said about this doctor who SHOULD be at least investigated by the medical board but probably won't. This is my only recourse---- to advise others NOT to ever depend on this doctor for anything. His inaction and medical negligence almost cost me my life. Don't let him do the same to you!

March 15th, 2011
Unusual Attitude
I have been assisting Dr. Laurie's patients over recent years, and have found his manner to be a bit odd. He seldom interacts with the patient themselves, rather, relies upon whoever is assisting them for information. He is rushed often, making us feel as if we have to hurry, and he has displayed obvious displeasure over the fact that a power of attorney has not been present as scheduled. If he had not already been the primary care provider for such a lengthy amount of on more than one occasion. time, this family would have switched dr.'s a long time ago.

March 9th, 2011
*** Awesome Physician ***
I am a new patient in Eugene, and I came down from Seattle, WA. I have a very complicated medical history, and Dr. Laurie was very attentive, open to suggestions, and gave me referrals to other needed physicians the same day. He is willing to refill my prescriptions from the Seattle physicians, and seemed very compassionate to me. Believe me, I have to see a LOT of physicians, and he was very professional, compassionate and easy to speak with. I am very impressed!

January 19th, 2011
NEVER!!!!
This man has no business practicing medicine. He has something wrong with him. No ability to converse with patient or answer questions. Did the most bizarre physical exam I have ever seen. MAJOR components of exam never done. Better exams done by first year med students. Seems to have emotional or mental issues in dealing with people.Don't put your health at rist.

June 12th, 2009
This office abides by a 10 minute late policy which means you are not seen, whatever reason valid or otherwise for arriving past 10 minutes. Staaff shows no empathy and would not even call back office at 13 minutes late to ask if opeing in schedule to still be seen. Staff would not even communicate the need to rectify blood Rx, even though they had incorrectly filled out original Rx.

March 26th, 2009
in exam he never touched me!!!