Dr. Michael Lawrence Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 18th, 2015

My husband had surgery with DR Lawrence about a year ago. When you have surgery you sign a waver about what can happen. When Dr Lawrence cam in to see me in the waiting room after the surgery he told me that unfortunately he nicked my husbands spinal cord. This past year has been a nightmare. My husband lost control of his bladder for 2 months, thank god this came back, but it was embarrassing and stressful thinking he might have to live his life this way. He has pain every day in his legs and lives on pain pills. He has lost feeling in both legs and tests show its getting worse. He has to have another surgery soon. Doctor Lawrence is not a very good Doctor, and I would not recommend him to any one. I gave him one star because I had to .

August 21st, 2013

Arrogant, insensitive, and rude!

Dr. Lawrence and his assistant seem to have become very jaded. As soon as I made the decision not to have the surgery at this time(because of noticeable improvement in my back) they treated me as though I was sub-human and was just wasting their time. I needed to have Dr. Lawrence fill out my Aflac paperwork but after I told them I wasn't going to have the procedure his assistant scaid they were not goin to do it because I wasn't having the surgery, even though they had already charged me an additional $5 to fill it out! After a debate with his very rude assistant she said they would fill it out but it wouldn't be ready for 2 days. When I went to pick it up I examined it and noticed that the forms were not filled out correctly. After bringing this to his assistants attention she refused to fix it because I was no longer his patient. I insisted that I speak with Dr. Lawrence and when he finally took the time to speak with me he was nothing but a hot headed arrogant jerk, who basically wanted nothing more to do with me and suggested I just take my money back because he wasn't goin to fix his mistakes. If you are looking for a surgeon who actually cares about his patients and is not just looking at you like a dollar sign then I would not recommend Dr. Lawrence!

June 20th, 2012

Surgery

Dr Lawrence was amazing with me. He was able to diagnose my back pain when other doctors couldn't. I had been told that the numbness in my feet was due to being diabetic, which I am not. Dr Lawrence performed back surgery and all my pain and numbness issues have been resolved. I highly recommend Dr. Lawrencecv

December 20th, 2010

very dispassionate and rarely even makes eye contact

Considering the man is making decisions that will affect your life, it was most unsettling to find someone who cut me off at almost every sentence, who talked down about other doctors, further indicated his equipment (MRI-CAT scans) were superior and even though it meant an extra day of my time each time, I had to use "his" referred technicians for those services. The only time he showed any animation or care was in front of my family the day of surgery. He often disregarded his own notes after I took great pains to bring forth a plethora of information from other facilities and Doctors, his staff was remiss in returning calls EVERY time without exception. He refused to accomidate me by asking follow up information over the phone, insisting I travel a whole day to see him and literally he then spent 10 minutes with me in his office and never even laid a hand on me to examine strength or look at the healing etc. I never felt more like a "meal ticket" with my card punched than by this man. I am deleting much of what I would like to say further as it may be deemed inappropriate. Read what you like into that last sentence. Further though, he has other Doctors in his office that work "with him" and he didn't feel bothered enough to refer me to exactly the type of Dr I am now going to see when he has one in his very office. All in all, and 40K later, I am very disheartened. BTW, why do 4 titanium screws and a plate the size of my pinky finger cost over $6,000? Is it the insurance companies that are the "bad guys" or is it somewhere else in the system? Makes a person wonder....One thing for certain, I wish I'd looked here first as I can see his rating speaks for itself. But do enjoy the music and fancy art in the waiting room while you wait and wait and wait......

November 5th, 2010

Dr. Lawrence seems to have Knowledge of His Profession. But..He IS VERY Self-Directed, Arrogant, and Non-Respectful of Individuals.

July 18th, 2016