A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Lawton is Excellent. Dr. Lawton has been reviewed by 7 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 3.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Lawton, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
He has special expertise in 27 Areas, including Acoustic Neuroma Resection, Arteriovenous Fistula, and Arteriovenous Malformations.24 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Lawton graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Lawton has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary`s Medical Center San Francisco
- UCSF Medical Centers
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lawton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Michael Lawton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael T. Lawton practice?
Dr. Michael Lawton practices Neurological Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurological Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Miguel Lawton, Dr. Mitch Lawton, Dr. Myles Lawton, Dr. Michal Lawton, Dr. Mickey Lawton, Dr. Miles Lawton