A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Lawton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Lawton is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Lawton, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Basal Ganglia Cerebrovascular Disease
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Ischemia
- CNS Vascular Tumor (Central Nervous System Cavernous Hemangioma)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Cerebral Revascularization
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Chronic Brain Damage
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Lawton graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Lawton has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Thomas Lawton MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Michael T. Lawton practice?
- Dr. Michael Lawton has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Lawton practices Neurological Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurological Surgeons.