Dr. Michael Lenihan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

June 30th, 2016
I came in the ER and he was assigned to my case. He was very through, caring and took time to explain everything in in detail so that I understood what was happening, What tests I was going to be getting, how they were done, and what follow up procedures were. A very good b and calming bedside manner. I would recommend him.

July 14th, 2015
Should Have Read Other Reviews Before Going
I had a similar experience as other reviewers. He didn't bother to look over my chart before seeing me. I had had tests done by another doctor and he never bothered to get the results ahead of time. One of the tests he couldn't even pull up. First question he asked was, "Why are you here? Your other doctor (who was on maternity leave) will be back in a few weeks." Well, I had been waiting for my results since May and was in pain. I couldn't see my previous doctor until August. This attitude is terrible. Walk in my shoes first before questioning me. Without even having all my test results he concluded that my problem was my already diagnosed Fibromyalgia (which I currently take medication for), even though he admitted that he wasn't an expert with that condition. I came out of that appointment feeling like I wasted my time and money. I will put up with the pain and wait and see my regular doctor when she returns from maternity leave.

April 27th, 2015
Very good
I saw him for the first time today, and I like him. He didn't seem at all uncaring as others have said. He just has a more quiet contemplative personality. Just because he isn't the back-slapping type doesn't mean he doesn't care about his patients. He spent plenty of time and answered my questions patiently without making me feel rushed. I left a couple of the diagnosis items above as "average," because it's too soon to know about that. Neurologists treat extremely tough problems. People need to be realistic.

October 14th, 2014
Seemed disinterested
Felt my appt. with him was wasting his time. Had not even looked at any of my chart prior to arrival, I had to tell him there was a recent MRI on file. Categorically dismissed any idea of anything being wrong. He has ordered some basic blood work, we will see where that leads. Currently looking for some one who at least seems interested.

January 7th, 2014
BAD DOCTOR!!!!
This doctor had the files and cat scans of another person with the same name as mine pulled. He argued with me about what was wrong with me. He used his car keys to test my feet. I'm disabled and he wouldn't even help me onto the exam table. The paper had been used and he didn't want to pull new paper down. I had to do it. I would never go to him again. I know of 4 other people that had close to the same things happen to them.

July 8th, 2008
Don't go for Multiple Sclerosis
I have since been diagnosed with MS by a reputable and smart neurologist in the Schenectady/Clifton Park area, but it seemed as though Lenihan absolutely did not want to give me a diagnosis of anything. I had 2 attacks, classic MS, and he just wanted to sit on my case and wait. He had told me he had a number of people in the area with symptoms similar to mine. I have heard bad things about all the doctors in this office. None of them take you seriously, and I think they are still stuck on the idea that women are hysterical and hypochondriacs. Skip these doctors completely unless you don't want to feel better.