inactive

Michael Levin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 24th, 2016
EXTRAORDINARY PSYCHIATRISTS- horrid office staff
DR. LEVIN IS CURRENTLY ON A TWO YEAR SABBATICAL. Dr. Levin, is an truly gifted psychiatrist. He understands how to treat children who have very challenging diagnosis. He LISTENS and never rushes you out. If Dr. Levin is not available, Dr Sun is also excellent. Both doctors have a keen understanding of children who cannot be served appropriately by an average-good psychiatrists. It is such a shame that such esteemed psychiatrist's appoint a such an ill-mannered management company to "serve" their patients; by their actions it is apparent, customer service is a foreign concept. They seem to be oblivious to who their clientele is. If my child fell within the range of typical, he/she would not require the level of intense care provided by these highly qualified psychiatrists, hence having the responsibility/honor of raising a child who requires a high level of care, is to be respected. It truly IS all about my child. It is evident the office staff desperately needs training in understanding all that is required to provide 24/7 care for the individuals served by the Dr's. Do not expect parents to be grateful when staff fulfills their job duties, it is after all, what they are hired to do. Please know that if staff so much as picks up a pen, it is an additional fee to the Dr's charge. Don't even think about asking them to bill your insurance.

December 11th, 2015
Helped us make it through difficult parenting years...
Dr. Michael Levin has been my son's meds doctor for more than 21 years. My son has significant disabilities/impairments and has been extremely difficult to parent over the years, but Dr. Levin has helped not only our son, but also my husband and me to cope with all the challenges. And he has never given up on my son, even when others have. Dr. Levin has always been more than willing to confer with other service providers who needed to hear or exchange medical information from him. He has taught evening parenting classes (-for difficult children) in past years, though I don't know if he still conducts them. At my invitation a few years ago, (on his own nickel) he spoke at a local conference, where he shared information with dozens of grateful parents about medications for ASD/NLD individuals. The down side of Dr. Levin's extensive expertise is that his practice is always busy, and he sometimes (-not always-) runs somewhat behind in his appointments- probably to be expected, since he tries not to rush through sessions with his clients and their families. The long-term duration of our relationship with Dr. Levin certainly speaks for itself, concerning our esteem for and satisfaction with him. He is a kind and compassionate individual, and his office staff has also served us very well, helping with appointments (and the occasional need to change them!), filing numerous applications to obtain school and government services, acquiring countless prior authorizations for medications, and electronically submitting refills. We are so grateful to have had on our team such a competent and caring doctor as Dr. Levin!

May 29th, 2015
A very arrogant doctor who is always in a hurry and doesn't listen well.

January 19th, 2015
Very good doctor
He is very nice and kind. Easy to talk to and explains everything over well.

May 15th, 2014
Incredilble Doctor
Dr. Levin is the most well read and level-headed psychiatrists I've even been in contact with. He's extremely details, intuitive, pragmatic, and is patient. I've never met a greater psychiatrist than Michael Levin and admire him greatly.

January 22nd, 2014
Patient
Dr. Levin is the only doctor that I can truly say he helped my son, who is autistic, and myself, with depression/anxiety. We have been seeing Dr. Levin for twelve years. His knowledge of pharmaceuticals is outstanding.

January 15th, 2014
Great for your ADHD Child
Dr. Levin did a great job with my son and was responsive to requests for information from other medical providers. He is patient and very knowledgeable about ADHD and the least intrusive ways to medicate the child to get them the help they need to live a normal life.

October 2nd, 2013
Great Doctor!!
Dr. Levin is very kind and patient. He has a very pleasant yet professional manner. He is on the cutting edge of psychopharmacology but, beyond that, he is caring, intelligent, informative and a great listener. He takes the time to discuss options and alternatives. He is available by phone and email (yes!) in a very timely manner. I trust him thoroughly, and I mean that as the highest of compliments/regards. Thanks Dr Levin.

July 19th, 2013
Great compassion, wisdom and intelligence
Dr. Levin is one of the best psychiatrists with whom I've had the pleasure of working. He is easily one of the most knowledgeable in the field of psychiatry. And he combines an amazing intellect with a softer side in which he relates well to people. Highly recommended!

April 14th, 2013
Best child psychiatrist in all of contra-costa county. My child was very comfortable with Dr Levin and usually she is very shy and scared of the doctor office. Dr was very easy to talk to and most of all he was caring and a great listener. I would highly recommend him.....

August 30th, 2012
Best psychiatrist in Contra Costa
We think Dr. Levin is as good as they get. He is a true doctor, kind, caring and easy to talk to. He even makes my son laugh when he normally mopes at doctor offices. What I like about Dr. Levin is that you trust him immediately. You feel he is going out of his way to help you and feel comfortable. WE have seen him for two years but will be seeing his associate Dr. Sun for a while, as he is going on leave to UCSF to study geriatrics until the end of the year. I think that just shows that here is a doctor who keeps up with his field. I want to recommend him to anyone who wants to see an easy going, helpful and top notch doctor.Best psychiatrist in the area.

January 26th, 2012
The best
He is the best doctor we ever had. Very smart and easy going, generous with his time and extremely knowledgeable not only in psychiatry but medicine in general. He is very honest with us and my daughter. I highly recommmend him.