Dr. Michael Lieberman MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery New York, NY

3.6

May 22nd, 2017
I thought he was fantastic. I didn't love his staff, esp the RN, but he was the right doctor for me.

May 25th, 2016
Patient
Terrific doctor, I read the other reviews and couldn't disagree more. Dr. Lieberman is all business and I can see where someone may misconstrue his manner for lack of compassion, but he does care and is an excellent doctor! The staff is - hands down - the absolute best; they ALWAYS go the extra mile to be of help.

May 23rd, 2015
find someone else
This doctor is the definition of every negative stereotype applied to a surgeon, Lack of care, no ability to sustain eye contact or see the patient as a person. He operated on me, and it remains one of the most negative experiences of my life. Find someone else who does not see you as a number

May 22nd, 2014
worst expeirence
never even seen this guys face. all the nurses and everyone who worked for him had an attitude and did not help me at all

December 19th, 2013
Highly recommended.
Dr Lieberman is the doctor to see if you need gastric surgery. Although he may not have the best bedside manner, when my father was faced with gastric cancer, I wasn't looking for a friend for him. I was looking for a competent surgeon to fix him. Dr. Lieberman is one of the top in the country and I found comfort in that. His staff is very knowledgable, friendly and accommodating. If you want a friend or sympathy, then he is not the dr for you. If you want the best of the best doing your surgery, this is the man to see.

March 6th, 2012
Hernia was never corrected
I would never recommend this doctor. Hernia operation had to be redone by another surgeon. I was never sure of what Dr. Lieberman actually did. I had severe pain and the same hernia buldge as I did before the surgery! When questioned, he just blew me off. The second surgery performed by a different surgeon, went perfectly well, with AAA BEDSIDE MANNER.

July 11th, 2010
saved my life
highly recomend

December 16th, 2009
Knows what he is doing but doesn't like to share information with his patient. Does not exhibit caring and patience when dealing with patient questions. Uses very technical terms to explain. Very short and curt if he thinks your questions is "wasting his time"