Dr. Michael Lifson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Lifson?

April 24th, 2016

The best OB-GYN I have ever seen. Knowledgeable and will spend time to discuss my questions with him, not rushed and really builds a relationship and has my health as a priorit y

October 30th, 2015

At first he acts like a caring Dr. and he can make you believe he is sincere but he is a wolf is sheep's clothing. More interested in making money for the hospital than giving the proper caring for his patients.

February 17th, 2015

Beware

I was referred by my General Practitioner (gp) to see Dr Lifson since he practices in Dillon and I believe my gp wanted to support local hospital. My gp said I had an enlarged uterus and most likely from a fibroid and she said my anemia was most likely caused by my heavy periods. She said I should get a hysterectomy because of my family history of ovarian cancer. I was 49 at the time and definitely not worried about loosing my ability to have more children. She set me up with an ultrasound and an appointment with Dr Lifson. He talked me out of the hysterectomy and said he could not say I had fibroid tumors from the ultrasound. He recommended I get Mirena IUD and most ovarian cancer were not genetic so i had no reason for a hysterectomy and he could not understand why I would want a "Major Surgery with risk of complications" (his words) when I could opt for a "simple" Mirena. After issues with the Mirena and his assistant who kept telling me to give it a while I finally got in 3 months later because I was bleeding so heavily I just made my own appointment and he seemed shocked because he apparently didn't believe me when I said the mirena was not working for me and I was bleeding so heavy until he finally agreed to see me. He said the Mirena was not in place and asked if he should remove it.. of course I opted to remove it . Then he exclaimed my uterus was enlarged and I needed a full hysterectomy ASAP! Obviously he does not listen. I asked him again about the ultrasound and if I had a fibroid. He actually called the radiologist while I was in the office and read the report that was 3 months old.. Yes it did say I had not only one fibroid tumor but multiple. Right on the Mirena documentation says you should not use Mirena if you "Have a condition of the uterus that changes the shape of the uterine cavity, such as large fibroid tumors." It also says if you have severe cramps 30 min after the Mirena was implanted you should call your Dr. which I did.. who just insisted I needed to give it a few months for my body to get used to it. Just to let everyone know my uterus was the size of someone 7 months pregnant. Beware he can really act concerned and act like he is listening but obviously he did not listen to me, my gp, or the radiologist. Even though I am all for supporting local hospitals and businesses I would NOT recommend Dr Lifson to anyone.

July 14th, 2014

Gives amazing personal care and attention

May 24th, 2013

Horrible Experience

Left waiting in waiting room for over an hour while he met with various drug reps. Was not interested in hearing from patient, kept insisting that he had all the answers. The god complex was huge. If you value your quality of life, run not walk away.

June 24th, 2016