A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Liptay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Liptay is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Liptay, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Clinical Research
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Pleural Neoplasms)
- Lung Cancer (Pulmonary Sclerosing Hemangioma)
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Liptay graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Liptay has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Rush Oak Park Hospital
- Skokie Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Liptay accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Liptay practice?
Dr. Michael Liptay practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Chicago, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Hinsdale, IL and Skokie, IL.
See Chicago Surgeons and Chicago Cardiothoracic Surgeons.