Dr. Michael Long MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

March 1st, 2016
A very good doctor
When my wife was dying of Glioblastoma, this doctor agreed to treat her despite the fact that my wife protocol came from one of those fancy hospitals. (MD Anderson in Houston) I was in desperate straights after moving out here and this doctor agreed to make time for her. Im now in some trouble myself and am looking ahead for some possible treatment options. I saw enough of the big fancy hospitals where my wife was merely patient 0803934 and when I RUN, I'll run from anything concerning the Cancer Treatment Centers of America who don't even get ranked in the US News and World Report list of bests because they had falsified their statistics. I thank this doctor for helping my wife and I out even though he probably didn't like or want to.. he did so because we needed the help and he was willing to help us out in her treatments.

October 27th, 2015
Run as fast as you can....Away!
I accompanied my aunt to her appts. And if she had pursued treatment here with Dr. Long we would be visiting her grave. He does have great bed side manner I have to give him that. She was diagnosed with breast cancer via her surgeons biopsy. Since it runs in the family she opted to have a mastectomy/reconstruction done. Her surgeon recommended that she go to an oncologist and have chemo done. Other family members have seen dr long so of course he was the pick. He told her that he does not recommend chemo or radiation but recommended a drug called herceptin but it was not explained why it was important to take this. Because it messes with hormones and he told her it was up to her she chose not to take it. Just a couple months later she found more lumps, she returned had blood work done it came back negative. She wisley choose to go back to the surgeon and have it biopsy and it came back cancer! When returning again to dr long he gave her a 10% chance of survival and every year she lived was 10% more she survive another year. He wanted to start chemo NOW! She wisely went to the cancer treatment centers of america and although it was along tiring 3 days of drs visits tests etc....it was well worth it. We learned that dr long had not requested on her blood work that ALL cancer markers be tested. That's why her blood work came back negative. If he had pulled all of it he would have found it. We also learned that just because you have breast cancer does not tell you anything but the location. What type of cancer is it? How is your body responding to it? Etc... Breast cancer, prostate cancer, brain cancer etc is just a title its just where its located. It's barley the beginning of what you need to know. My aunts cancer is very aggressive, and she has many different contributing factors to consider that dictate to his it needs to be treated. You can't treat all cancer the same! If the lab can figure out what is causing your particular cancer then they better know how to treat YOU. As an individual. Hers is being caused by a specific hormone. Her cells are also positive in a few different ways basically meaning it accepts the cancer quickly and multiply 3x faster then normal. We thx god it not in her brain or has spread thx to her being quick to act she was in a very important window before it was to late. She is currently half way done with treatment at the Cancer treatment center of America and she is doing awesome! Dr long spoke very negatively about that place but he should be ashamed of himself. He failed my aunt and she could have lost her life because of it. He's about traditional medicine yet science is helping so much better the treatment options. He needs to catch up. Diet also plays a huge roll, cancer feeds off sugar. Yet he said diet don't make a difference, the only diet that's been proven to be good for cancer patients is the Mediterranean diet....😐 that's low carbs and low sugar! He's stuck in treating things before all this advancement of medicine. Dr long should have treated her after the first diagnoises even her surgeon knew that. Amd the pill he wanted her to take? Thats for after treatment is done to keep it from coming back. She did begin to take it once she found another lump but like she was told at the CTCA it isnt making a difference because the cancer was not treated. Getting a diagnosis can be terrifying and life altering. If you have been diagnosed with cancer I strongly encourage you to pursue your options. You can win the fight but you need a treatment plan tailored to you. To your needs. And a team of drs who want to keep you alive.

August 7th, 2015
Excellent doctor!
Today was my first appointment with Dr. Long, and I was very pleased. The appointment was really just a precautionary measure by my PCP, Dr. Long was extremely pleasant to talk to and he listened clearly to me and we agreed on the best next steps. I am very fussy about my doctors and let my intuition guide me when visiting a new doctor and everything about his was just right. My hope is that I don't need to continue to use his services by the very nature of his specialty. but I really wish deeply more doctors treated patients like we are their customers instead of acting like we are a bother in their day. If you need a specialist in Dr. Long's field I would say that anyone would be pleased to see this health care provider.

April 23rd, 2015
He's very comfortable to talk with. Explained my Genetic clotting disorder to me in lay terms. I've been a patient of Dr. Long's off and on for over 20 yeas. I've moved away and when returning to the valley, I've returned to Dr. Long's care. I've recommend Dr. Long to my daughter and everyone who needs a Hematologist.

September 17th, 2013
wonderful place to be after a cancer diagnosis.

September 17th, 2013
Very satisfied, arrive early and still no wait time.

February 6th, 2012
Dr. Long is awesome!
I went to Dr. Long for treatment for breast cancer. He is a wonderful and gifted doctor. He took care of every problem, no matter how big or small. I am finished with my chemo treatment and I feel great. When I compare notes with friends who had similar treatment elsewhere, I KNOW I had the best. Thank you Dr. Long!!!!